(35) Epilogue

Chapter Thirty Five

<You guys know the drill. The Watty Awards end TODAY… so

PLEASE

VOTE! :D

Thanks dawgz! :) There will be no ending author’s note on this one, as I am going to post another chapter explaining everything that some people might not get. So please go to that once you finish reading this. Thanks! :)

I felt a tug at the hem of my shirt. “Mommy?”

Looking down upon my beautiful daughter, I forced a smile. Her bright green eyes were looking at me suspiciously, her blonde curls hanging onto the back of her head as she forced her head up. “Yes sweetie?” I asked, ghosting her cheek with a touch as light as moth wings.

“Are we still going to go to the park today?” she asked, a small pout on her lips as she thought our annual tradition was cancelled.

“Of course we are, Holly. Why did you think we weren’t going to go?” I asked reflexively, wanting to erase any signs of sadness from my little girl’s face.

“You don’t look so good, Mommy,” she told me, always a bit too truthful.

“We’re still going,” I assured her and ruffled her hair. She giggled up and me and flashed that toothy grin. It was kind of silly looking as her two front teeth were missing, but adorable nonetheless.

I heard footsteps behind me and Holly’s head snapped to an area behind me. “Daddy!” she exclaimed, running over to him and laughing. I turned slowly as Alex picked her up and wedged her between his hip and arm. We met gazes, and his was questioning. Mine flitted away, and I suddenly had an interest for the kitchen.

“Daddy, we’re still going to the park today!” my daughter said, and I could almost hear the grin in her voice.

“Of course, baby girl. Come on, I’ll get you dressed so we can go get some ice cream, okay?” Alex asked, and shot a look at me as I began to wash the dishes/

My son appeared in the kitchen doorway, his phone in hand. “Mom, Addison just asked me if I could go see a movie. Can I go?”

I sighed, shut off the sink, and looked at him. “Nick, you know how important this day is for us.”

“Mom, I know,” he told me, exasperation in his voice. “But we are always there at around five. It’s barely eleven, I’ll be there at five, mom, I promise.”