(38) Extra Chapter: Was It A Dream?

Extra Special Chapter for my fans :)

You guys are completely amazing… thank you so much for all that you’ve done. For the last time, please vote. Thank you.

                “Psst.”

                My eyes fluttered  open, and I looked up to see Brent staring down at me with a strange look of intent on his face. His fingers ghosted my neck, and I shivered at how cold his hands were. There was a large yellow bruise on it in the shape of a hand, as some man in the party had used a choke hold to knock me out from my insanity. “Brent?” I whispered, propping myself up on my elbows.

                “Shh,” he said softly, crouching down to come eye-to-eye with me. “It’s me.”

                “What are you doing here?” I asked, my eyes still somewhat blurry from sleep. I wiped them.

                “Coming to see you, silly,” he teased, ruffling my hair. I smiled at his touch, and even leaned into it. I longed for him.

                Too bad this is a dream.

                “Why?” I asked. “What happened-“

                He stopped me, putting a finger to my lips. “I don’t want to talk about that right now.” He grabbed my hand and put it on his face, rubbing his cheek tenderly. “I just want to be with you. In the moment.”

                “Oh, okay,” I agreed. I leaned into him and pressed my lips softly against his.

                It felt too real. The warmth of his lips, the smell, the way his lips moved. Had my mind taken so much in, as to actually replicate the kiss in my dreams?

                Then it hit me. Maybe this wasn’t a dream.

                I stopped our kiss and leaned my head on his. “Am I dreaming?”

                He shook his head. “Nope. Unless I am.”

                I chuckled. “You’re not.”

                “So this isn’t a dream then,” Brent said with a smile. “Kiss me.”

                And I did. It was the sweetest kiss I’d ever shared with anyone. I took pleasure in it and even tried to deepen it, but Brent stopped me. “Whoa there. What’s going on?”

                “I love you,” I said seductively, trying to kiss him again.

                Brent put his hand up to stop me. “Nah, nah, nah. Just because it’s dark and no one’s here and there’s a bed, does not mean anything, Hailee.”