♡ Chapter Three ♡

While Darla was busy sharing her news with Austin, I snuck out without saying goodbye. I didn't want to feel like I was awkwardly interrupting their supposed-to-be private, happy moment. And since my parents thought I was still with Darla, I took the opportunity to go see Caleb.

I wanted to surprise him, so I didn't bother calling or texting him to let him know I was there. His car was in it's parking space, so I parked next to him. I knocked once, and then remembered I had a key of my own, so I let myself in. He always kept everything clean and tidy, and I wish I could say the same.

"Caleb?" I called out, not seeing him in his normal spot of lazing on the couch. I found him sleeping comfortably, wrapped up under all the blankets in his bed, and sleeping away, peacefully.

Poor baby. He was always so tired. We both had today off from the department store we work at, and if he wasn't sleeping on his off days, he was always studying. He was trying to graduate early, in the beginning of December.

I didn't bother waking him up, I kissed him on the cheek and then climbed in bed next to him, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

When I woke up next, Caleb was already looking at me, a smile on his face. "Am I dreaming?" He yawned with a stretch.

"Not unless we're having the same one," I chuckled.

"I went to sleep alone, dreamed about you, and then when I wake up you're here." He leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Well, maybe I can just read your mind," I smirked.

"Nah," He shook his head, smirking back. "If you could read my mind, your face would permanently be bright red."

No surprise, that made my face bright red, but I rolled my eyes. "I was hanging out with Darla, and I figured I'd come see you."

"I take it your parents don't know." He raised a brow.

"How'd you guess?"

"Because your phone hasn't gone off once, and it's almost 8:30."

"I think they think you're gay," I sat up and grabbed my phone out of my pocket.

Caleb rolled his eyes but set his head in my lap. "Well it's not my fault they made such a cute son."

"You know you were gay long before I ever came into the picture."

"That's true, I've always been quite the homo." He shrugged. "You were just the cherry on top."

I brushed my fingers through his hair. "I should be going soon, though."

Normally if they knew I was hanging out with him, my mother would be texting me non-stop, trying to figure out what the two of us were doing. Like I said, they were suspicious. That's why I couldn't just up and move in with him, yet. Because as much as I wanted to live with him, I also wanted to keep the relationship I had with my parents, even if it was rocky.

"As much as I don't want you to go, I know you have to." He sat up and kissed me, his hand going up under my shirt and pinching my nipple, making me yelp. "Are you okay?" He quickly pulled back.

Normally, that was one of my biggest turn-ons that he woke do, "I'm fine, that just really hurt." I rubbed my chest.

He gave me another peck, "Sorry."

"Don't worry." I waved him off, climbing out of the bed.

"Text me so that I know you got home safe." And he blew me a kiss.

"Love you." And I blew him one, back.

"How was your sister's apartment? How does your sister like it? Does she really like living with Austin? Maybe she should've stayed here a little longer." Were just a few things that was said as I sat with my parents during dinner.

"Why would she stay here when the apartment is closer to school?" I pushed the food around on my plate with my fork. I was barely hungry, even though I hadn't eaten since lunch at school and mom had made my favorite dinner.

"Because we're her family." She responded back. "I wasn't ready for my little girl to move out."

"She's 23." I mumbled under my breath, low enough that she couldn't hear.

After dinner, I went to my room for the rest of the night. I wasn't really tired after my nap with Caleb, but I got changed for bed anyways, and that's when the pregnancy test from Darla fell out of my pants pocket.

I hadn't even realized I'd kept it. Thank God it didn't fall out any sooner. But still...now I was curious. Part of me actually wanted to take it, just for fun - like Darla said. Eh, I'd take do it in the morning. I put it in my dresser, under my clothes and then climbed into bed.

Both of my parents left for work before I even got up for school, so I grabbed the test and I took it. I wasn't expecting anything. If anything, I was expecting it to read invalid or something like that. But instead, I watched with my own eyes as the second blue line appeared.

And then my heart started racing, and I could feel the anxiety start to fill my chest. This wasn't possible - I wasn't able to have babies. I'd been told so many times that my reproductive system didn't work at all like it should. I took a picture and sent it to Darla, maybe a fluke?

I climbed in the shower, trying to not think about what just happened, and get ready for the rest of my day. Darla most likely wasn't awake yet, as it was 7 in the morning, so I stuffed it back under the clothes in my dresser, and finished getting ready for school.