Can You Feel My Heart; *Chapter Epilogue*

Can You Feel My Heart - Epilogue

The following Saturday, Jocelyn was a week and two days old. I was still slightly sore from my C-section, but today, Caleb was moving mine and Jocelyn’s things to his house because we were officially moving in together. I was still going through with homeschooling and then going to Sheila to take care of Jocelyn on Mondays, Wednesdays, and then Thursday through Sunday while I worked because Caleb worked at his uncle’s mechanic shop on those days.

Once I was released from the hospital, we went to his house, so for the last week, Jocelyn and I have been with him. When I got there, he even re–proposed to me, this time with the ring. I couldn’t believe this was happening. I was so excited.

Once the last of our stuff was loaded into the bed of his pickup truck, he walked me to the kitchen. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “I’m gonna go to the bathroom really quick and then I’ll meet you outside.”

“Okay, babe. I’ll be in the truck with Megan and Jocelyn.”

I gave him a quick peck and used the bathroom as fast as I could. When I opened the door, I bumped into my mom.

“I’m sorry.” She blurted.

I opened my mouth and closed it again, just to do it more. I felt like a fish. “W–What?”

“I’m sorry,” She repeated.

“You’re speaking to me.”

“I’ve been a horrible mother towards you, I don’t even know my own granddaughter’s name. Much less what she looks like.”

I hesitated and then fished a photo of my baby out of my wallet and handed it to her. “Jocelyn. Jocelyn Adrianna Hill.”

“She’s so beautiful.”

I nodded and made my way to the door. “She is.”