Chapter 6: Future Uncertainty

Sorry for the wait... please Comment & Vote if you want more Stasi/Van & Nova...

****************************************

Recap chap 5:

"Who am I?" I whispered in response to her question, just as my lips lightly grazed her sedate ones.

They were so soft and tasted just as I had imagined, every time I thought of this day and our first kiss. I pressed my lips to hers more firmly, and bit her bottom lip, drawing blood as I pulled back. Its taste was just as sweet. It made me ravenous and hungry for more.

"I'm Nova, and you're mine." I whispered and heaved her into my arms, cradling her unconscious body like I was carrying a precious gift.

She was mine now. Mine to do with whatever I desired.

*****************************************

Chapter 6: Future Uncertainty

Anastasia’s POV

I winced as once again, 160 ponds landed on top of me and startled me awake. Must he do this every freaking day? I mean damn it! He knows I hate it. He crushes me to near death but at the same time, it’s one of the only times we get to spend together so I kind of liked it as well. I missed my brother and it hurt that secrets and lies were coming between us. It was difficult to keep these secrets, but it had to be done for everyone’s sake.

“Douche! Get off fat ass!” I groaned and struggled a few minutes before I finally managed to shove my moronic brother off of me.

“Oh you love it and you know it buttercup.” Van grunted as he hit the bed next to me. He stared at me as he often did, just surveying me or something of that nature. I wasn’t certain if he was trying to figure things out or just staring for the sake of staring. It was a bit unnerving, for a number of reasons, and left me shivering just a bit.

“Stasi are you cold? Why are you shivering?” He remarked suddenly and I was caught off guard by his attentiveness. He normally didn’t pay me much notice, but considering that it was our weekend apart last weekend, this may have been the reason.

I always hated to spend time away from my favorite brother, but it was a necessary evil in my plans to one day escape this hell of a life I live, just like Cris did. Our brother Crispin set the path for us to follow, to get out and live our own lives, free from the tyranny of our raging bitch of a mother. However, this task was easier said than done.

To rid ourselves of the strict ass bitch, it was first necessary to graduate high school, which seemed like it was never going to happen if I missed any more school due to illness or exhaustion, have the money and means to care for yourself and then have a place to run to. Unfortunately, I really was uncertain if I truly had any of the three. I knew if I tried hard enough I could keep my grades up in the ‘A’ range where my mother expected them to be. So surely even if I had excessive absences, I would probably still graduate.

As for having a place to run to, well Nova and I were in a fairly complex relationship. I wasn’t certain if I could count on him. I knew he loved me, but he shied away from such words. Aside from that, I didn't know if it was in my best interest to shack up with a man who treated me the way he did. It didn't seem right that I loved him, but I did, and I couldn't change that.

If I moved in with him I'd have to sever ties with my family and friends because none of them would have accepted him and approved of our relationship and his treatment of me. Not my disapproving mother, my overly concerned friends and not my brothers, least of all Van. Yeah, he was protective and had every right to be, though he was oblivious to the most important reason why he should be protecting me. It twisted knots in my stomach that I lied to him daily. But surely it was for the best. He would never understand. No one would.