Chapter 19

"What? What's not good?" Beth reaches up to pull off the blindfold, but Dan's hands are already there, gently untying the knot. Beth blinks, trying to orientate herself, then notices the large building in front of her.

"Um...?"

Dan sighs. "We were going to take you clubbing, but it's closed."

"Oh... Well, that's okay! Let's go back to my place. I've got some food and drinks. It's okay. Can you text the guys where to go?" Beth directs the last sentence to Kyle, who nods and pulls out his phone.

"Wait. Beth, your apartment is tiny, we won't all fit in there," Dan says.

Beth hesitates. "Well, let's all go to McDonalds then!"

Everyone bursts out laughing, and Dan hails a cab, telling the driver to take them to the nearest McDonalds.

"We are going to look ridiculous! We're dressed up all fancy and eating in Maccas!" Holly laughs.

By the time they arrive, it's past 11, and they're the only ones there apart from an old man, who, by the looks of him, is homeless.

Dan goes up to the counter to order, while Kyle and Will, who has just arrived, tell the girls stories from terrifying fan encounters.

"And then, I shit you not-" Will is laughing so hard he's almost crying, "She just gets right back up and asks Dan for a photo, and Dan's about to take it, but then a car

drives past and sprays everyone with water, and the girl starts positively screaming and while she's distracted Dan makes a quick escape. Well... tries to. But the girl noticed and chased after him until security grabbed her and we could hear her from inside the venue screaming 'Dan! Dan! I love you! Marry meee!' in her little Italian accent. We could see security carrying her away, she wasn't exactly small either."

The whole group is howling with laughter, and getting some dirty looks from the homeless guy, who looks like he's trying to sleep. Dan comes over with a tray of food. Beth looks shocked, because there's barely any food on there. Dan tells her there's more to come, and she gets up to help him carry it.

"I'm sorry your birthday is ruined," Dan apologises, looking upset.

"It's not ruined. This is perfect, seriously. I'm not much of a clubbing person anyway, I'd much rather muck around with you guys here," she says, hugging him around the neck, standing on her tip-toes to reach him. He wraps his arms around her waist, his chin resting on her head.

"If you're happy, I'm happy," he tells her.

"Well then, you must be one of the happiest people alive right now," she tells him.

Dan beams widely, and lets go of Beth and picks up a tray of food.

"Take that one?" He nods the the other tray. Beth agrees and picks it up, being careful not to drop anything.

"I'll be right over, you go sit down," Dan tells her, then turns to the girl at the counter, who smiles politely at him.

Beth joins at the other table, but keeps casting glances over at Dan, who looks slightly shifty. The girl is no where to be seen. Moments later, the girl reappears, holding what appears to be a candle and a box of matches, which she gives to Dan. He puts the items in his pocket, and makes his way over to the booth they're sitting in. Beth looks at him with her eyebrows raised in question, but he shakes his head and takes a bite out of his burger.

The mountain of food they'd ordered is gone within five minutes, and when Holly realises how much they'd eaten, her mouth drops open.

"Wow guys. I think we've eaten all the food," she says in mock horror.

Beth is eyeing the apple pie sitting in front of Dan.

"You gonna eat that?" She asks.

"No, it's for you, but first..." He pulls out the candle and sticks it in the pie, lighting it with the matches.

Beth realises, too late, what's going on. Woody grins evilly, before starting to sing, far too loud. Everyone joins in.

Happy Birthday to youuu

Happy Birthday dear Beth

Happy Birthday to you

Beth's cheeks have turned a flaming red, and she wills the ground to swallow her up, but it doesn't.

"Guys!" She hisses, looking around in embarrassment.

Dan laughs. "I have never seen anyone look more horrified at that song!"

***

At around quarter past twelve, when Holly falls asleep in her seat, everyone realises how late it is. They say their goodbyes, wishing Beth one last Happy Birthday, and leave.

At Dan's, him and Beth both realise that they aren't tired at all. They're the same- late to bed and late to get up. Half twelve is nothing. Dan sit on the couch, and Beth collapses on top of him, feeling his stomach moving from laughter.

"Thanks for an amazing birthday Dan," she mutters, her words muffled by Dan's jumper.

He wraps an arm around her waist, and she leans into it. "It doesn't have to be over yet."

Beth looks up at him, questioning, and in reply Dan bows his head and kisses her.

Beth turns over so that instead of being beside Dan, she's on top of him, and continues to kiss him.

Dan's lips move away from Beth's for a moment, and he takes off his hoody, tossing it on the floor. They go back to kissing, and seconds later, Beth feels Dan's hands her on her back, sliding down the zipper of her dress, which is discarded on the floor next to Dan's hoody. Beth feels his hand cup her boob and massage it gently, and whimpers a little.

He pauses. "Does that hurt?"

She shakes her head. "Keep going."

Soon, Dan's t-shirt and jeans have joined the pile of clothes on the floor, and both of them are just in their underwear.

"Can we take this to the bedroom? The couch is a little cramped," Dan asks, slightly breathless.

Beth nods, so he sits up, and picks her up, his hands under her thighs, and carries her to the bedroom, still kissing.

He lies her down gently on the bed, and hovers on top of her, his bare chest pressed against hers, and shivers slightly from all the physical contact. His hand rests on her stomach, and then slides down slowly. He can feel her stomach muscles jumping under his palm.

***

a/n

I was reading over the smutty bit and it was cringey as hell so I deleted it sorry!!!!