Chapter 1

I packed my last bag, with a tear rolling down my cheek. I was leaving my hometown, Albany. It made me so sad, just to know that the house I grew up in, the same one that had laughs, screams and tears; was getting sold to a person we don't even know.

        "Amra! the truck's here!" My mother yelled. My mother had the most beautiful, blue-green eyes. She had dark, layered, blackish-brown hair. I was taller than her, I was the second tallest in my family. I got it from my dad, I love it though.

        My mom is a strict parent. She looks out for me and my brother, Ben. Ben is sixteen, he has built up muscle these past years, so he has a broad chest. He has the darkest eyes known, and brown hair,  but he has a LOT of acne. On top of the acne, he has glasses. Comparison to me, he could care less of where he was living. He only focused on books and school, that's how he is a straight A+ student.

        I was an A-, A, and A+ student. I was probably the smartest 9th grader in Albany. Well, there is Samantha and Elizabeth. I could never compete with them. Samantha had blue eyes, and glasses. She was really strong, we went to karate with each other. We also went to the same school since 7th grade. Elizabeth was a blonde, not those stereotype ones. She had blue eyes and glasses too. We knew each other since kindergarten.

        I walked to the moving truck with my two boxes of clothes. I didn't have much, considering the fact that I donated most of my clothes since I wore a uniform. But, now I was going to a public school, and so I got new clothes. I just bought the regular, hoodies, sneakers, shirts, and jeans. I didn't mind getting new clothes, I needed it anyways. We packed up everything and we were about to go. We were saying goodbye to our neighbors, Mary, Matt and Keith. Mary and Matt were married, and they were into their mid-30s. Keith was 15, just like me. We hung out, played baseball, and talked. Matt was tall, and he had a little build. He has hazel eyes, and brown hair. He was an easy-outgoing guy. Mary was a short one, she had brown eyes, and brown hair with blonde highlights. She was super sweet. She was always there when I needed her. Keith on the other hand, was blonde, and he wore glasses. We went to different schools, but we were both smart.

        "I'll miss playing baseball with you." Keith said shyly. He was always shy, but he was an awesome friend.

        "I'll miss you too Keith. We could call each other anytime." I said hugging him. I hugged Mary and Matt, then I turned around to face the house, and started to cry. 'I'll miss this house, why do I have to leave?! I hope to god that something happens to make me love the new house.'

        It was a 16-hour drive, so I hope I get comfy and fall asleep. While we were driving, I was drifting away into sleep, with the bumps on the road soothing me.. I was in my dream, I was in the new house, the neighbors came to greet us. It was a man and a woman, most importantly, their son. I had a quick glimpse of him, he was cute from what I remembered. I smiled and him, and he smiled back. I had a million butterflies... a million butterflies..

        "AMRA! We're here!" My dad yelled at me. My dad was tall, he still had build, he had dark brown hair and eyes. He gave his looks to Ben, and I was unique. My dad was an easy-going guy, and he loved to laugh.

        "I'm up!" I yelled back and I was laughing at the same time. It was around 3 A.M., and we still had to unpack. I just wanted to shower and sleep. We had the house re-done for us so we didn't have to do that. My room was teal and white, my favorite. I got my clothes boxes first, and I got my closest organized. It just took half-an-hour, not much. We bought new furniture, so my old stuff went to the garbage or it got sold. I went to get my other things, and I fell asleep after I organized and cleaned my room.