盛开

yeonmi watched in horror as her eyesight became covered in crimson red blood–a bitter bullet had penetrated her heart.

yet again.

2/5 lives
flashed obnoxiously on the screen she lay in front of. upon seeing this she squealed in protest, as if in pain. she gripped a bunch of her tough locks in her hands, sighing in frustration.
the soundtrack of the overly-priced video game was on a loop-the inevitable sound of "you're dying" emitted from the speakers, which would make any gamer just as enraged.

finding the strength in herself, yeonmi grabbed the clammy controller in her matching hands, and adjusted the mic on her headset in front of her lips; which she intuitively licked as a sign that she was beginning to get in the zone again.
with the press of a button–probably 'A'–she was back at the checkpoint, and a tremendously burdensome rifle in her rugged character's hand.

"it's show time." she whispered in full confidence.

the pelting sounds of gunshots and overly hazardous explosions accompanied the exclamations of the countless players; seeming like a deleted scene of a quentin tarantino movie.

a positive twinkle from the game had cause yeonmi to smile sinisterly.

OBTAINED: GRENADE

the texture of an electronic brick wall was all that was seen on the television as she decided to move her character, or rather, hide. there was a new player in the chatroom, and yeonmi was stood within ten yards of where he was re-equipping his weapons, right next to a honda.

yeonmi flicked through her weapon slots again, just to make sure it was there.
she equipped it, and peeked back over the wall–he was facing her.

"hi." a boy's voice crackled through the line in her headset.

she gulped, deciding not to answer back.

"i see you have two lives left."

her eyebrows furrowed, suddenly not so afraid of him–one click of a button and
she had thrown the grenade over the wall.

the protesting beeps of a broken, destroyed car screeched in her head, and she bit her lip.

the boy laughed.

"that was a cute attempt."

yeonmi groaned, and before she knew it,
she had
1/5 lives left.