奇迹

a wonderful thing happened one morning.

it was a silly hour; yet the time was well awaited. her legs felt invisible, as the pain was stinging all parts of her body that a knife could cut through a limb, and it would feel like the weak legs of a measly ant were walking aimlessly atop of it.

the screeches that bounced off every surface in the room could not express that pain enough.
she squeezed his hand tighter with each outburst, the golden ring she proudly wore on her finger dug into the back of his hand.

it sounded strange but she couldn't help but smile throughout the procedure–seemingly masochistic. however it wasn't because of that matter. everyone else in the interior of the huge building would've smiled for the same reason; or would've felt happy for them.

it was a mess, but it was a miracle.

the cheerful fingers of the golden sun caressed her face when they had seeped their way through the tight blinds that hugged a lone window. raindrops of sweat trailed down her cheeks along with gleeful tears that she couldn't hold in any longer upon seeing the man's expression change delightfully.

her breathing had drastically changed since she had woken up; once she was certain something was about to happen, she called the man over as soon as she could.

she felt a wave of relief sweep over her overly anxious self and a pulsation on her hand–a squeeze. the man who stroked her knuckles lovingly with his velvety thumb, rested his forehead against hers and exhaled whilst gazing into the universe in her eyes.

his grin twinkled in exhilaration, and his whole face became a galaxy full of roaming stars that sparkled her vacant spacial sky; he had looked over at the man in the mask.

"it's a boy."

the being smothered in blankets that he held in his arms made a noise.

the couple began to cry: happily.

"he looks like you, yeonmi."