你的

ecstatic was much too weak a word.

yeonmi was connected to her games console as per usual; mind unable to concentrate on the vivacious colours and graphics the addicting television screen showcased.

he was too loud in her head.

the protruding vibration of clanking steps interrupted yeonmi's half-immersed gameplay as they seemed to be getting obnoxiously closer and then far away again–as if someone just walked in and after a judgemental inspection, walked away toward somewhere else.

she slipped her headphones off, being careful not to scratch the mic and/or tangle it in her brown truffle hair. a slight blur of her mother's extremely short dress flashed by as she seemingly scurried into the kitchen.
yeonmi looked down in thought.

she awaited the following cries that held the same unpleasant voice as her mother's.

her watch read: 12:25

muzzled exclamations along the lines of not cleaning the kitchen and being a lazy bitch erupted into yeonmi's uncovered ears; enough to cause her to envelop her face in her warm and comforting hands; both of what her mother seemed not to be.

the reply of the friendly maid (who stood in the kitchen along with the narcissistic lady who looked younger than she actually was) cut off in mid-sentence by another clanking sound on the weakened floorboards, and yeonmi watched her mother come into the living room.

her watch read: 12:31

"aren't you supposed to be at work?"

the silver-sequinned bag was delicately placed on her forearm; useless because of its ridiculously small size. its equally silver ornaments jingled a tune of danger as her mother trudged over to yeonmi. she watched her trying to keep her ankles stationed upright in the life-threatening yet ego-boosting shoes she wore.

her face was sour.

"i took the day off." yeonmi replied calmly.

she knew full well that her mother only used her earnings to buy herself designer items and on top of that, converse with others on how hard she works, even though she doesn't do anything.

song hwayeon was a liar.

but the person she called her daughter loved her.

she had to.

yeonmi's watch read: 12:36