两半

the blustery days of the new-coming, golden wash of summer were tranquil. the perfume of ruby roses was vivid in the air, enveloping all that caught the scent of it in satisfaction; a motif of the long-awaited season.
summer crept across the pathway of the park nearby, igniting the weeds and grasses that grew within the cracked pavement.
a bag containing an enclosed video game–designed for one of her favourite consoles–was held tightly in her grip; both in nervousness and excitement. refreshing winds glazed over the soft hairs on her head, elegantly spreading them outwards.

yeonmi took a reluctant seat on a withered park bench. she brought her hand up to a strand of hazelnut hair and began weaving it between her fingers.

she felt a sea of anxiety conjure deep down in her stomach; wave after wave crashing more furiously than the previous one–scared of it potentially overflowing. the fingers were twirling rapidly, now wet and shivery.

meeting jimin was never part of the plan.

it was merely just a game, yet one that would ultimately bring them together for some peculiar reason.

he was nice, she guessed.
and also cute.

unable to find a way out of her own thoughts, she was oblivious to the outside world.
a black mask covered his mouth and almost opaque, black sunglasses masked the beauty of his eyes–if only he could show the sun his features.

he sat down next to her;
she must've felt it.

yeonmi turned her head, and jumped in her seat.

jimin's muffled chuckle echoed in her ears–immersed.
he slid off his glasses smoothly and whipped his bangs out of his face with a quick movement.
the curve of his eyes indicated that he was smiling,
so she smiled too.

"rumpleforeskin?" yeonmi questioned, letting the, now tangled, piece of hair drop to her chest.

he leaned into her ear and shut his eyes dramatically.

"rumpleforeskin." he whispered.

both teens erupted into hearty laughter after a solid five seconds of breath-holding silence.

all because of a broken car.