哎呀

"hi, babe." his smile stretched abnormally farther through the words he spoke.

"jimin.." yet her voice was crackling and fading within each syllable.

"please know that i
really
love you."

he could taste the overpowering salt of her tears.
he remained quiet; completely lost.

"i'm pregnant."

suddenly
all of the atmosphere had been sucked up into a vacuum of an abyss deep inside his vacant mind. the murmurs of the distant passengers had been muted; the freakishly loud and unnerving thud of his heartbeat pulsed heavily in his head–he unconsciously stopped his breathing pattern for a while without realising it.

jimin felt that his feelings were more than wrong but he was sure that they weren't supposed to be right; the news that his girlfriend had told him in the much too saddening tone of voice he never liked to hear was a powerful strike in the face.

he knew it was a good thing
but
he knew they never did it.

it seemed like he was lost, dumbfounded inside his own array of dispersed thoughts; unable to find a way out.
it seemed like yeonmi was calling his name desperately in that tender honeysuckle voice of hers that was inappropriately beautiful and mesmerising.
it seemed like taehyung and hoseok were shaking the devastated boy back into an attempted consciousness; screeching in his ear in despair.

it seemed like everything was tilted, and the plane was crashing to an impending doom.

"jimin?
babe?
are you there?

answer me!"