Chapter 14 ~ Still Standing

Elina's POV

Two days have passed and I fell the pain more and more intense. I don't know what to do.

I don't want to worry my parents. They have a lot in mind. Bill will also worry if I tell him about the pain in my back. But I have began to worry about myself. Really.

Today I wasn't even able to stand up from the bed. I wasn't able to sleep all night due to my back. I feel the pain climbing up to my head and going down to my legs. I hope it is temporary.

But the doctors in the hospital didn't mention anything about that pain in the back. Why am I feeling this? If it continues, I must tell dad and mom.

In school I didn't say anything to Bill or the others. Tom had a flu so he stayed at home. I lied to the gym teacher so I escaped gymnastics with the excuse that I had a headache.

Everyone believed it. I didn't want to take the risk and exercise because I might cause more pain and that would be visible to anyone then in school and everyone would find out. Escpecially Bill and Kate.

The last period for today was Chemie and after school I had that "lesson", let's say, with George and Kate. For the Maths test. Bill drove me and Kate at her house and he then made his way to his house.

During the whole lesson thing, George was trying to explain to us some things for the test but I was not paying attention. And he could clearly see that. But Kate understood everything he was telling us. I loved Maths but now I wasn't mentally and physically capable of assuming all that information. He then gave us some tips and while he was about to leave he turned to me and asked me if everything was OK. I said yes and smiled.

Apparently he cares about me although we don't know each other so well. We thanked him and I stayed at Kate's bedroom. I used her computer and signed in my twitter account.

"Wow! 2,154 followers!" I shouted happily in a bragging tone.

"Hmm I only got around 1,630 I think" Kate told me in a dull tone.

"Haha you will learn Kate, don't you worry" I replied sarcastically.

I then logged in my facebook account, but I didn't find anything special in my notifications. Just several likes and friend requests.

As I was scrolling down the page I saw a picture of two teens kissing in a park. The boy seemed so familiar to me. So did the park. "Jimmy!" I shouted in shock. "Jimmy what?" Kate asked. I didn't know if it was right to tell her. That would break her heart. But I had no other option. Jimmy had been such a jerk to Kate. But she kept on thinking of him. Despite everything he did to her. When she was in a relationship with Tom I thought she was fine. She seemed so happy then. But now, does she like Tom or Jimmy?

She looked at the computer screen and she seemed to be cool with what she saw. I didn't expect that reaction. As if she didn't care. She told me that she knew he had a girlfriend but she wasn't absolutely sure. Does she like Tom then? Maybe someone else? Or nobody? Hmm. We will see.

I went to my house and my parents were watching TV in the living room. When I entered my room, I found Mary searching for something in my wardrobe.

"What are you doing there?" I asked her.

"I am looking for one of my blouses. A pink-orange one. I can't find it."

Although I hate it when others touch my things I didn't say anything. I searched a bit but that blouse wasn't in my wardrobe. I then slowly sat beside my desk and I stared outside my window as the sky was casting over. So beautiful. I was trapped in my thoughts. Bill loves me and I love him back.

But then the thought of my backache popped up in my mind and ruined everything. More and more frequently now, I could feel something like a fork stabbing me in the back.

I decided to go to sleep and leave the pain to faint.