Chapter 6

For once Sherlock did not speak this week.

Not once.

Which made Charlotte verrryyy suspicious.

He was up to something...but his face read nothing as he read the paper while Charlotte ate some eggs.

"We're going to Scotland Yard," he interrupted the silence as he turned the page of the paper.

She grinned, she finally got to see where John, and Sherlock, and Lestrade worked!

Tugging him by the coat sleeve, after breakfast, Charlotte jumped up and down with excitement trying to get Sherlock quickly out the door.

"I want to see dead people," she wrote with exclamation marks.

He smirked but then frowned at the fact that she wrote on a piece of paper.

She rolled her eyes at him knowing why he frowned.

"Let's goooooo," she wrote making a squeaking  noise, unable to contain her excitement.

"Fine, fine," he sighed his eyes showing he once again was up to something.

********************************

"Sherlock why do you have a four year old at my crime scene?!"

"Anderson you are 5 times her age yet you still manage to look like an idiot compared to her now let me work," he snapped as he bent down and looked at the body.

Lestrade waltzed in staring in shock at the scene.

"My division," he stated simply while quickly taking the little girl's hand.

"What are you doing?!"

"Sherlock this is my yard. My rules. You're lucky to even be here."

"She's with me."

"She's 4."

"She's with me."

"She's not even in school yet Sherlock!"

"She's my assistant."

"Sherlock Holmes-"

"It was a suicide."

"What?"

"It was a suicide," he said motioning towards the body.

Charlotte raised an eyebrow.

Not because she saw a dead body.

No that wasn't odd at all.

Nope.

It was because he said it was a suicide.

Charlotte looked around for a writing pad, but couldn't find one.

"Okay," Lestrade sighed ignoring the fact that a child may be traumatized by a dead body...because Sherlock is well...Sherlock.

Tugging at his sleeve once again she kept shaking her head trying to tell him that he was wrong.

It couldn't be a suicide.

It just couldn't.

"What," he said with a false pout, "cats got your tongue?"

Charlotte knew then what he was doing.

He stole her pad to get her to talk.

She whacked him with her hands, setting her jaw as her face turned red.

He smirked as he watched her get angrier and angrier.

"You can tell by the wound Graham-"

"Greg."

"That it was a SUICIDE."

"And the angle of which the body was found."

Charlotte started rubbing her temples and pacing around in frustration.

"And don't forget the-"

"MURDER," she yelled, "MURDER MURDER MURDER MURDER! Look," she said pointing at the body, "the gun is found on his left hand, YET the bullet was found in a right angle. Also his mouth! It's in a look of horror and look at his shoelaces!"

They then all looked at her while Sherlock grinned laughing.

"Told you Anderson," he smirked.

********************************

Running as fast as she could she went to the cabbie signaling to go anywhere.

That's how she found herself at the morgue.

Running as fast as she could she went past a young woman with brown hair and brown eyes.

"Oi," she yelled, "what are you upset about little one," she asked sweetly.

Pacing around and covering her mouth she started hyperventilating.

"Here," she said hastily, "write it down."

All she wrote in that moment before she fainted  was one name.

Sherlock Holmes.

********************************

"WILLIAM SHERLOCK SCOTT HOLMES WHY DID YOU SCARE A FIVE YEAR OLD GIRL TO DEATH."

"Four Molly," he smiled, "she's four."

"FOUR YEAR OLD OR NOT SHE FAINTED."

"Her name is Charlotte and she spoke for the first time today," he laughed, "her first word was murder."

Today he knew was a day he would put in his mind palace and keep there forever.

"I'm really happy for you Sherlock," she smiled at the line but then frowned as she looked at the little girl, "BUT SHE FAINTED. CALL HER PARENTS. SOMETHING."

He then hung up.

********************************

"Are you okay? Do you remember your name? What's your name?"

"Charlotte," she whispered. "Charlotte Lise Holmes," her voice cracked from not speaking for so long.

That's when it clicked.

"Is Sherlock your father?"

"Sorta."

Minutes passed when he came up and hugged the small child.

"You're hired! You're hired!"

Charlotte huffed for a moment trying to hide her smile.