Chapter 23

"Come on," she sighed giving a small smile at his bloody form.

"Your family is-"

"Yeah," she paused shaking her head, "I know."

Mary and Elizabeth Watson soon came out on the street to help her bring him in, clearly they both liked him and his now broken glasses.

"You know this isn't necessary. I'm fine."

All the girls laughed in unison.

"He is," Sherlock said through the door gruffly, as they entered.

"You're just mad that you sealed the deal," Eliza said smirking, "nice kiss by the way," she turned to Charlotte.

Charlotte looked down and blushed while Thomas smirked at Sherlock, fully knowing he not only won the deal but won Charlotte's heart.

Soon he was cleaned up and sent on his way home along with the rest of the large family.

Leaving Sherlock and Charlotte alone once again.

"He's not as bad as he-"

"I know," he said putting on readers, a true sign of age, as he read the paper.

"He's brilliant and kind and-"

"I know."

"He makes me happy papa and if you would just-"

"I know. I know."

She looked up at him confused as he looked back at her with soft eyes.

"We had a.....chat," he explained, while you were gone....privately of course."

"If you break her, hurt her," his voice low, eyes glaring at him hours before he left that day, "in any way, I will kill you....slower....more gruesome....more agonizing.....then I ever did to your father."

"I understand Mr. Holmes," he said with no fear in his eyes.

He tried to find some fear, anywhere, from his posture to his eyes, and he found nothing. Sure he was nervous. But that wasn't because he was surrounded by his friend's-now-girlfriend's-family. No.

It was because he was surrounded by guns and killers.

Which didn't make sense to Sherlock.

Sure it's natural to fear weapons that can kill you an instant.

But it's also just as natural to fear the family of your significant other's at first.

Why wasn't he?

"Mr. Holmes," he began, "can I call you Sherlock?"

"No."

"Alrighty," he sighed nervously looking at the gun in Sherlock's hands, "I know it's clear how I feel about your daughter and it's clear why you're doing this. But you and Mr. Watson......whatever it is you both are.....friends, brothers.....you have something there that can be interpreted as anything. That's what your daughter and I have sir."

"I can assure you," Sherlock Holmes growled, "that my friendship with John is not only incomparable it is also none of your business. And to say-"

"We saved each other....from ourselves Mr. Holmes. Just like you saved him and he saved you."

He rose an eyebrow for a moment.

"I read his blog sir. And just by looking at you-"

"You deduced."

"Yes sir," Thomas nodded, "and although your life is none of my business, I do want to say that-"

Sherlock shook his head, "Enough about John. We are soldiers Thomas. Soldiers," he emphasized.

"Yet-"

"My penis doesn't decide to say hello every time he's around. Unlike yours when you even just think of Charlotte."

"Oh my god. Enough about my-"

"You just want her for the sex. Love is a dangerous disadvantage Thomas. You should know that."

"I do not mean to be rude in anyway sir, but what about you?"

Sherlock sat silent holding his gun tighter for a moment.

"You, out of all people, should not be saying that."

Sherlock blinked a couple of times back to reality as he looked once again at Charlotte, his eyes even softer than before.

"He does care for you," he began, "very much so in fact. That he insulted me in the progress."

He went back to hours before once again.

"We are on the same exact side Mr. Holmes. The same side," he said defensively, "and I think we should make one more deal."

He went back to his conversation to Charlotte once again.

"He is a man of deals Thomas is."

"What deal did he-"

Suddenly a vibration was felt in Charlotte's back pocket with a familiar contact name and message.

"I have to go," she said.

OH SNAP. WHERE DOES SHE HAVE TO GO?! FIND OUT NEXT CHAPTER BOIIIIII