Chapter 17

She had more to compose but these were the ones that she had time to do.

She stood and explained each one on the mic, glad she pulled them off while the judges wrote notes down.

As she went to the stage to sit down and wait with her competitor, she shook his hand and congratulated him.

"Yours was fantastic."

"Yours was too," he said smiling fixing his glasses.

She knew even without the scholarship, he could go anywhere he choose.

"Excuse me," the speaker said, "we are ready for our competitors."

Standing up and going back on stage, they both walked the same pace together, both greeting them with smiles as the winners of the old division, the judges, the winners of the other division, and the rest of the audience looked on.

She knew she would lose.

Everyone likes a happy piece.

Everyone dreams of being happy.

So that should apply to music.

But when she looked down and closed her eyes she couldn't help but hear her name as confetti hit her in the face.

"I'm sorry?"

"YOU WON!"

She covered her mouth as she held her stomach, laughing in high pitched squeals.

"Congrats," the boy next to her said.

"Thank you, and THANK YOU JUDGES," she yelled back as her family cheered from bellow.

As she got her certificate for a full ride to one of the top schools in the country and a trophy she grinned madly while photographers took pictures of her.

Finally, she stepped down and was greeted by cheers and bear hugs.

"Thanks for the song Char," Irene smirked.

"Yeah why didn't you make a song for me," Molly huffed.

"Working on it," she laughed, "plus she has a weird affect on Sherlock."

"Hm," Sherlock said looking up from his phone.

"Does that make me special," Irene asked.

John and Molly rolled their eyes.

"Ask him not me," Char replied as Irene left giving her some flowers.

John, Eliza, and Mary also soon left giving flowers as well along with Molly, Mycroft, and Lestrade.

Leaving once again Sherlock and Charlotte Holmes alone.

"Here's a damn tissue you big baby," she said passing him a tissue.

He then wrapped his long arms around her not saying anything and just said one thing.

"I'm so proud of you," he said squeezing her harder.

"Can't," she huffed, "breathe."

"Shhhhhhhhh," he said.

"I can't-"

"Shhhhhhhhh."

***************************

Later that day she found another rose in her bag saying a simple "congrats."

As she changed into another black dress, she looked at herself in the mirror prepared for what is to come.

She knew she would see him there.