Chapter 19

Sorry I haven't updated. I needed time to focus on myself and my health and I didn't want to over rely on writing to help me with that. I hope you all can understand.

THANKS FOR 1K READS!!!!! I'M GLAD YOU LOVE MY GARBAGE. (You know how writers give their fans nicknames? Maybe I should call you worms cause worms are in garbages and then their are bookworms and....you get it.)

Several months later:

"Hello," a calm voice said at the other end of the line, "and welcome to London's Premier Psychiatric Hospital. How may I help you?"

Sherlock Holmes rolled his eyes before saying, "Charlotte."

"Alright."

Several seconds had passed until a young woman with dark circles under her eyes and long hair came to the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Today is your last day."

"I know," she sighed smiling, looking around the hospital she was in, fixing her robe while doing so.

"You better not go back do you comprehend," Sherlock said sternly.

"Of course," she said tiredly back. She came a long way. "How's Tom by the way?"

Sherlock rolled his eyes once again. They haven't spoken in months yet all she wants to hear about is her best friend.

"How am I supposed to know," he spat.

She frowned, sad that he still didn't like him.

"You know everything," she replied smirking.

He didn't respond as he went into the cab.

Suddenly, another line rang in the background. The lady at the front answered it.

"It's for you."

"I have to go Sher," Charlotte said quietly. And then after no response, she hung up.

"Hello?"

"Hi Char."

"Tom," she replied quietly, grinning.

"How are you?"

She frowned. She had heard that question too many times ever since she came to the hospital. And she knew that even when she would leave, it wouldn't be the last time she would hear it.

"Deduce me," she replied smirking.

"Well based on the fact that your sort of ignoring the question the only logical assumption is that you don't like the question. Since it's not personal nor is it uncommon I can only assume that it is a question you get too often. Plus you're wearing an oversized gown."

"I'm always wearing an oversized gown here."

"Well not anymore," he said in a hopeful tone, "and you just talked to your dad."

"You're getting better at this," she complimented, "Not as good as me but...."

"Show off."

"Oh you know you love it."

"So," he paused, "look up."

She slowly looked up and then-

"TOM," she yelled grinning, running to him as if she were someone running to someone coming home from the war. In a way, she was.

"Char," he smiled as she jumped on him, fixing her long gown in the process.

She giggled back, a girly giggle, a giggle she never ever expressed in her life erupted out of her throat. And their was no denying that it was for her best, and probably only friend her age, Tom.