Chapter [4]: I Have to Find Out

A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.

~ Elbert Hubbard

(Jessie's POV)

''God, this is NOT working!'' I yelled irritated, as I took my notebook and tossed it on the ground. I inhaled deeply as I decided I needed a break. Did I tell you how much I hate chemistry?! Did I?! And I am not the most patient person in the world either and I (almost) always give up if things are too difficult so.. yeah.

Sunday evening and I was in my room, doing my homework. It was the only way.. Doing my homework, at least I was keeping my brain occupied. Oh God. The second I tossed my notebook, thoughts began to consume me.

Stephen. Tyler. Their conversation in the bathroom from yesterday.. and the fact that I was completely and utterly clueless this whole time. The more I thought about it, the more I clenched my teeth.

Friends should not have secrets from each other!  Never! Well, it's true that we all have our own secrets and it's their business only, considering the fact that they like the same person.. NO. It affects me too for God's sake so it's my freaking business too!

They got back.. obviously and it was like their little fight never existed. They were in a good mood, smiling and laughing.. acting friendly with each other. They would make mean-ish comments now an then, that's true, but two days ago that wouldn't strike me as suspicious.

God, I feel left out. That's the thing that bothers me the most. I'm not even bothered by the fact that Tyler is gay.. or Stephen is gay. It's their freaking business and I have no right to judge anyway. And.. friggin' Stephen!

I hate him! He didn't tell me shit! We are friends since we were little kids, we are so close and he didn't tell me about this.. whole thing! No, he's too busy fighting with Tyler to tell me. I had to find out by myself because I am always stalking people, oh yeah, it's sooo much fun!

''I hate you! Idiot!'' I yelled at the top of my lungs, standing up and making a few steps through the room. I was feeling.. like I wanted to punch him. ''Why am I.. irritated?''  the thought finally struck me as I was starring at the walls. Who is this.. boy anyway? Is he someone I know?

God wanted to find out. I needed to find out.

With that thought in mind, I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. I will find out! As it was ringing, it finally fit me. How do I do this? What do I say? It's not like I can say 'Oh I heard you guys fighting and oh who is that boy you two talked about?' . Oh my God, I should hang up like.. NOW. I'll call in a few minutes once I made up my mind, yeah, it's perf-

''Hey Jessie,'' I could hear Stephen's casual voice and I just facepalmed myself. I couldn't hang up now! What do I do? Seriously, now what the hell do I do!?

''Jessie, you there?'' Stephen asked confused and I cleared my throat nervously, trying to stall and give my brain time to think of something. Come on, think!

''Um, yeah I'm here.'' I replied and  grimaced afterwards so it was nice he couldn't possibly see me. Nice reply Jessie. You're doing so good.

''Okay..?'' Stephen said and somehow I knew he was sensing something was off. ''Sup.''

''Well.. nothing much man,'' YES! I can finally give proper replies. Good job brain! ''Just homework, just.. raging.''

''Chemistry huh?'' he answered, sounding amused and I just imagined him giving me a knowing smirk. I'd always dump homework and call him the second I start doing my homework, so he was used to it. ''Yeah, it sucks. But again, you didn't accept my help when I offered to so.. serves you right.'' he ended dryly, but judging by the sound of his voice his smirk widened.