°Mocking Literature°

Slips of matted paper were handed out in disorganised clumps. Gimli cringed at the uneven globs of cream coloured bits, sharing a look of disgust with Legolas. The elf frowned as Alcop smiled at them.

"Why?" 

"You will know soon enough, Aragorn." Alcop answered calmly, chuckling at the man's confusion. "I also apologise for the uh-- for the state of the parchments. Jennamara, my supplier, had a bit of a run in with unwelcome guests a few days back." 

The three beings shared disturbed looks. 

"Right." Throwing each one a quill, Alcop resumed in acting all mysterious. "You have all had experience dealing with undignified literature?"

"Aye, that we have." Gimli chuckled humourlessly. Aragorn shook his head sadly, smiling a little at the dwarf's exasperation. Legolas inclined his head, initiating a slight nod of affirmation. Following the elf's example, Aragorn nodded too, scratching slightly at his growing stubble, smile gone from his serious features.

"This exercise with help you overcome the stupidity."

Legolas asked quietly,"What are we to do?"

"Mock the literature." said Alcop.

"So basically restate what the author illogically wrote in the ribbon filled book?" Aragorn repeated the others' thoughts.

"Exactly. Though you can add your own twists if you wish it."

Eager scribbles filled the unusual silence of Alcop's office, as quills scraped at uneven, lumpy paper. The three beings poured their hearts and minds into their own versions of the terrible story, though of course, as Alcop had suggested, with some minor twists.

Gimli was first to complete, followed by Legolas, then finally Aragorn. They all placed their quills down into the stand besides the ink pot, facing the doctor with growing grins.

"Ah," ALcop grinned back, "I see you are finished." With a small nod the doctor hummed in approval. "Who's first?"

Gimli's hand shot up, not straight, due to the heavy chainmail. "I would like to go first."

Alcop nodded. Legolas and Aragorn rested back in their chairs, watching their third part recite out his version of the tale.