The Great Escape

I make a break for the van when the guards start running inside the prison, alarms sounding. They must've found my goodbye present that I left for them. I jump into the van and immediately begin hot wiring it. When the van turns on, I grip the steering wheel and push the gas pedal down as far as it'll go. I head straight for the gates that are opening for another van to come in. Bullets whiz past the van, some hitting it. I smirk and look back at a few guards rushing out of the prison, firing at the van. Oh they're pathetic. The prison van that's coming in has to swerve off of the road to avoid getting hit by me. There's no way I'll let anything stop me. I glance back at the prison through the rear view mirror to see guards piling into vans, speeding to catch up with me. I'll need to ditch this van soon. I see a rushing river coming up on side of the road. Perfect. I push the cruise button on the steering wheel and head straight for the river at 120 miles per hour. Right when the van's a few yards from it, I open the door and jump out, hitting the ground with a loud thud. I groan softly and stagger up, looking back towards the prison, seeing the vans coming. I take off into the woods on the opposite side of the road. I keep running as I hear men talking loudly and marching around. I ditch my orange jumpsuit, throwing it in a bush. I now have on a white tank top and grey sweatpants which were underneath my jumpsuit.

      I hear dogs in the distant just as I come across a small highway. There's a car driving towards me. I put on my best smile and hold my arm out with my thumb sticking straight up. To my surprise the car pulls over, and the driver lets down the passenger side window. It's a woman with shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes. 

She smiles slightly and asks, "Do you need a ride?"

"That'd be really great, if you don't mind of course," I say smiling back, trying to rush along the whole conversation part because I can hear the footsteps and dogs barking getting closer and closer. 

"I don't mind. Hop in," she says, unlocking the door.

"Thanks," I quickly say, getting into the passenger seat and closing the door quickly. 

She starts driving and glances over at me without a hint of suspicion. Wow she's a stupid naive woman. I mean she's not even afraid of my red eyes or black neck or black hands. 

"I'm Jenna, and you are," she asks making small talk.

"I'm T-. I'm Rob," I lie, looking at her.

"So where are you wanting to go, Rob," she asks.

"Well, I honestly don't even know. I don't even know where we are right now," I say, picking at the white piece of fuzz on my pants.

"You're in Nebraska," she says, furrowing her brows a bit.

"How the... Do you mind if I could stay with you for at least tonight because I don't have anywhere else to go, I have no money, or any idea of what I'm going to do," I ask, not caring if I just met her; I'll make her agree if I have to.

She glances at me again, not knowing what to say.

"You're not a serial killer or some kind of freak...are you," she asks.

It takes every ounce of will power I have not to chuckle at that. I'm both a serial killer and a freak...and much more.

"I promise that I'm not a serial killer or some type of weirdo," I say reassuringly. 

"T-Then I guess y-you could stay in my guest room....but only for the night," she says quietly, nodding almost as if she's trying to convince herself that she just invited a random stranger whom she just picked up off the side of a road.

"Of course. Only for one night. Thank you," I say, looking at her, smiling my signature smile.

(A/N: I'm sorry this chapter is so short and probably sucky as fuck. It's like 2 in the morning, and I have to wake up early because I'll be going to work (first day and first job) (hopefully I won't get anxiety with talking to people like I normally do), but I just wanted to update this since it's been 2 days or more. This story's been published for like a week, and it's already got 96 views, so thank ya guys. Okay I'm going to go to sleep. Goodnight/Good morning/ Good evening.)