Chapter 8

*****VOTE AND COMMENT*****

Ai became aware if the world around her before she was awake. She could feel the world around her sway to heavy steps and rhythms. As if she was saddled upside down on a dancing bear. She just listened to what was going on around her, suspended by sleep.
"I can't wait to sink my meat hooks into one of those soft fleshed wolves." The body that carried her hummed.
"The Alpha has a screw loose if he believes the newbies can get strong."
"Heh, he has a war to plan, now he wants to take in new comers." The last voice was more soft but held malice and evil intent.
"How far from the pack are we?" The first voice asked.
"Far enough that they get to have fun and we don't."
"No you ass wipe, I meant from the pack house."
"Oh, dunno, a mile maybe?"
"I wanted to hunt with the rest of the men. Not get stuck with you two fuckers." A voice joined in.
"And what's so great about what they're doin' eh?"
"The hunting was free reign." The new voice snapped.
"What!? We could've gotten off on a couple broads."
"What ever, maybe there will be left overs." A sick feeling hit her stomach as Ai realized they were talking about the girls. The girls were being hunted as she sat stranded on some rapist' shoulder.
"Hmmm, but there's nothing like a fresh she-wolf." The one beneath her rumbled. Feeling slowly filtered back into her fingers and toes. It felt like the ocean ebbing away at the shore in her blood stream. The tingles slowly faded as they edged up to her wrists. It was creepy. Her body was only just becoming hers again after being so brutally commanded around by her mate. No, she would call him anything but that. That title was reserved for the man the moon Goddess herself chose for her. 'Mate' was what she called Vit and only Vit, even if he didn't.
"I like finishing them."replied the softer voice. "I getta bit high off it."
Ai endured their conversation as she waited for her limbs to regain strength. She'd need it.
The sounds of the forest floor being shuffled under her captors feet. She was slugged over a large man's shoulder. His heavy boots kicked up debris inches from her face.
"What do we do when we get to the pack house?"
"We dump off the package in his majesty's room. That's what."
"Yeah, but after that?"
"We do what ever the hell we want until the pack meeting, I'm gonna see what the hounds bring in and get my way with a few. You can sit and watch." There was four voices based on the laughing.
"Ha, fat ass chance of that, I'm gonna get my own bitch!"
"If she don't sock ya silly fuck face down first!" They all let out a cynical laugh. They had sick and twisted humor. It was more than that, it was gut churning and vile.
Ai took in a breath and tried to subtly relax all of her muscles. Then she sprung.
She lifted herself from his shoulder and roughly pushed off him. They all seemed shocked and surprised that she could move. She tumbled to the ground away from them and didn't waste a millisecond. She darted into the forest but felt a hand wrap around her knee. It pulled her to the attacker. She punched and kicked. She had barely had any training on self defense, the most her pack was worried about was what went on in her head. She panicked and forgot the training she did have.
The man wrapped him arms around hers. He was using his body weight as an advantage point to pin her. No! She flipped them and felt a knife strapped onto his leg. She fumbled with her blows and swiftly grabbed the knife. She had a weapon now. She brought it to his throat and he smiled. Why was he smi-?
He flipped them again and her hand ended up crushed beneath his knee and the knife. She grit her teeth. Blood oozed from her hand.
"You surprised me," he said low with anger.
"What you gonna do? Bite me?" Ai spat at the stranger holding her to the uncomfortable forest floor.
"No, but what ever the Alpha has planned will be worse."
"Ha! You've got a lot of faith for a rug rat." He growled in response.
Another voice called out, "are you done with your lover's querrel?"
"Yeah, but Ben, Andrew, and you should help me lug this bitch." Ai tried to bite at him but he placed a hand on her throat.
Ai watched the other three men approach.
"Pick a limb, boys. And you deserve this you bitch."
Ai spent the next half hour in the center of four men spread out like a star. She growled at the ground. Two men suspended her feet and the other had their sweaty grips on her wrists. Her chest hung inches above the ground and her back ached from the unnatural arch. They continued to torture her with their vile conversations about enslaving women and murder. When they claimed to see the pack house ahead Ai couldn't lift her head. She was exhausted from the painful way they carried her. She almost cried out in joy when they laid her on a soft bed. She curled into a tight ball in an attempt to stretch her back the opposite way it had been frozen in.
It wasn't until before the pack meeting that Constantin called in Sonya. He wanted his mate to rest from the uncomfortable journey. He smiled as he read the report his beta, Andrew, had brought him.
"Sir?" A quiet voice called from the door.
"Sonya, I have specific instructions for you."
He waited until she had nodded.
"Go to my room and prepare the woman there with her essentials. Change her clothing. Treat her wounds. Wash her with, hhhmm, lavender. Put her in something grey." Sonya turned to leave. She always turned to leave before he had dismissed her.
"Sonya." He barked. She obediently turned back and stood before him. He grabbed her chin and forced eye contact.
"Make her hair soft like feathers and leave it down. Next time wait til I dismiss you." He let go of her chin but did not dismiss her. Sonya stared at his chest waiting for him to relinquish her of his presence. Constantin thought to teach her a lesson. He made her stand there quietly for 10 minutes before grabbing a pocket knife and walking towards her.
"Incase you forgot my command to go, I'll make sure you have a reminder." He grabbed her shaking hand and studied the pen swirls of her added duties. He flicked the pocket knife open and began to carve "leave" down her palm. She cried softly, trying to stifle her tears. When he finished he added an underline just out of spite.
"Now,"he spoke calmly, "bring her to me when you are done preparing her. You may leave."
The girl clutched her hand and scurried away. There was a reason why he kept the omegas. It was because they did the housework.
Constantin washed his hands and stared at the pale rusty color run down the drain. It was the most familiar sight. How many times had Constantin washed blood from his finger tips? It was never his own blood, sometimes he wished it was.