Chapter 29

"Oh! Jordan, I'm sorry," Ai said startled.
"It's okay, just try not to fall for me next time." Jordan smiled easily but crinkled his nose on the inside. That bastard Alpha Mikhail made sure to have his scent all over the girl. He knew he should have stopped her from revealing, her point of value, her precious moon eyes.
He didn't quite let his hands leave her body as she steadied once again on two feet.
"Alpha Mikhail said he was going to take me to my brother after I dealt with Samantha." Jordan frowned slightly, of course that mother fucker did.
"That's great, I'll personally escort you, I don't trust that Alpha, and you shouldn't either." Jordan slipped himself into the situation.
"Why not? She leaned in. What was possibly questionable about Alpha Mikhail?
"He has a way with woman, he always defiles them wether they like or not." Aiyana almost seemed Horrified but an inkling of doubt dribbled into her mind. That didn't sound true at all.
Better safe than sorry. Or would she be shooting herself in the foot?
Was it best to disregard the warning in general? She eyed Jordan again. The man was jealous of her looking toward anyone in any kind of light. She felt warmed slightly. No one thought about her like that previously.
When Jordan was satisfied with the play of emotion across her features he let go of her and walked past. Letting his body heat leave with him.
She continued onward looking for Mikhail unbeknownst he was a silent observer to the exchange.
Jordan smiled crookedly as he stepped outside. He wanted Isabel to sit in his pocket.
"You cowering snake." Alpha Mikhail had moved silently behind him. "You dare speak such blasphemy against your ally?!"
"I don't know how you mean." Jordan lied as he tried to avoid the repercussions of his own words.
"Wether they like it or not?! Am I a rapist in your eyes?"
Jordan narrowed his eyes darkly at the powerful man. "Just in hers."
"What is your interest in her? I saw the way you are all too eager to touch her."
"She will be my mate, the blessing of the moon goddess is already so close to me. I refuse to let a covetous Alpha get away with covering what is mine in his scent!"
"She belongs to me. She has been entrusted by her brother Riley, my Beta, to me for her own safety."
"Ha! Is that what you think?! She won't go with you if I can help it!."
"And she'll go with you?" A new calmer voice spat. "A power hungry dog." Sonya stepped from the door way to meet the two Alphas just outside on the porch. Each bristled with their teeth bared and low growls rumbling from their chests. She saw the disgusting display for what it was. Two alphas wanting as much power as the other. She disliked them both for it.
"I hate to break both your hearts but she is going to the east to find her true mate." Sonya lifted her head in prideful defense of her friend.
"Not that you two bone heads bothered to find out, she has her own mate that the moon goddess bonded her to. She knows who he is and has been waiting years to seek him out. If I find that either of you have kept her from him I will claw your own eyes out."
Sonya smiled wickedly. "Just to be clear, don't fucking touch her."
Mikhail had calmed himself. She had waited years for her mate? What if he had already moved on? Then Mikhail could woo her.
Jordan wasn't phased one bit as the new Luna turned away with her harsh, bitter truths. He didn't care that she had a mate. He didn't care how loyal she was to that mate. He would have her. She would absolutely fall in love with him and if that meant the world lost a wolf or two than that was fine by him. As long as he climbed the Alpha scale. As long as her eyes put him at the top.
Alpha Mikhail straightened. "She's looking for me." He taunted Jordan. Then he turned away like nothing happened.
He found her pacing in a hallway, looking in every door. She paused and relaxed, smelling her brother's scent on him. Ai felt safe with him, but that in of itself put her on edge. She knew she felt attracted to the powerful man.
He held out the white fang to her, without the handle to go with it.
She sighed in relief.
"Thank you," she couldn't control her arms as they wrapped around him of their own accord.
"Okay koala, the car is packed and ready the moment you're done." He turned to lead her but she hadn't followed yet.
"C'mon, old Samantha's house is this way."
She scurried behind him as he took her outside. It was still so early sometime in the morning. Aiyana was feeling the drain from her lack of sleep.
He stepped aside from a cottage door step.
This was it.
One knock. Then two loud ones following.
"The doors open!" A confident voice called.
Ai glanced at Mikhail. "Wait here..." Then she slipped inside with her shaking limbs.
"Samantha Davanport?" She called after she shut the door. A bright woman walked into the living room and froze. Anger filled her eyes. She was exactly the picture of beauty her mate thought her as. A bright smile, loud laugh and happy years left small wrinkles across her softly aged face. The woman's nostrils flared as she picked out her favorite scent coming from the woman who intrudes her home. Her fist swung at the girl bitterly as her temper got the worst of her.
"Samantha!" Ai shouted and dodged "I know how you feel, but this is temporary, I don't mean to carry his mark!" The woman calmed as her mates fang was spotted in the girl's hand.
"I-I'll explain everything."
Samantha continued to calm herself and sat on a stool. Ai didn't feel welcome to sit.
Alpha Mikhail could hear every word that floated into the air. He wouldn't let anyone know that though.
"I'll start from the beginning. I was trapped in the dead moon pack. One of the men had a fanged blade and I took it for self defense, I even used it on the man who marked me..."
"Is he dead?" The woman questioned bluntly, slight bitterness in her voice. Her husband's fang had been defiled for years. Using it on someone else was another act of defilement.
"No, Constantin is very much alive and sadistic as perusal."
Alpha Mikhail let questions filter in and out of his brain at the new piece of information.
"When I escaped they would have found me, it was my only option to get rid of the mark. I had to..." she passed the fang of Davenport to his true mate.
"He spoke to me, called you, uh, his Chica." The built woman smiled softly.
"He wants you to know that it's okay to remember him, that he still loves you." Ai smiled and pulled the photo of them dancing from her pocket. He had eyes only for her and she was by far the happiest wolf in the world. "He always will." She passed the photo to Samantha. Samantha looked overwhelmed not touching the photo she had purposely left behind due to grief. Her mate was watching her this whole time. She blushed as she thought of all the times she had embarrassed herself. He'd seen it all.
"Samantha, I have a question for you."
"Oh," she took the old forgotten photo and looked back at the girl in new found respect. "Go ahead, ask."
"Brandon resisted you so much at first, how did he grow to love you?"
"Is there a reason for that question?"
"My own mate, he rejected me without bothering to know me... I'm looking for him, but when I find him how will I get him to love me?" It was a hopeless inquire from the start.
"Honey, sometimes men are just stupid. Get to know him, make yourself a nuisance. A constant reminder of the moon goddess. He will come to terms with his own stubborn feelings."
"Are you sure?"
"Just trust in the moon goddess," she smiled at the photo. "All will be right in the end."
Ai nodded and stood to leave. "Honey, what was your name?"
"Oh," she really should stick to the truth. She walked over to Samantha and whispered her name. "It's Aiyana, but not many people need to know that."
She stood and Samantha let her leave without another question. She wouldn't want any other girl to bear her mates mark, but that girl was so respectful that she didn't mind the sacrifice.
Mikhail was curious about her name. Why whisper it? Was Isabel not her name? Riley never said the name of his sister.
'Delta, I need you to pull up Riley's family records... there's something I need to know.'
'Right away Alpha.'

Aiyana followed Mikhail to the car and hopped in the backseat with him. Jordan climbed in after her, despite the pointed look from Mikhail. After a while Ai found herself drifting off into a peaceful sleep.
Alpha Mikhail smiled mischievously at Jordan as Isabel leaned against him, soaking up her brother's scent. He didn't move when the car hit a bump and her head fell into lap.
He just stared openly at Jordan who returned the favor. It was the most dangerous game to play, a toy between two Alpha's having a stare down to see who would break. She shifted in her sleep and her legs made themselves a home on Jordan's lap. He laid both his hands on her thighs, a dark glint in his eye.
Alpha Mikhail draped his arm on her waist and played with her hair in a soothing manner. If he had to, he would keep up his shenanigans the whole way to his pack. No way would a two timing liar like Jordan out maneuver Mikhail.