Chapter 33

"Riley," His Alpha called out to him. Riley moved easily to his Alpha with curiosity.
"What is her real name?" The alpha looked meaningfully in the direction of Ai."
"With all respect Alpha Mikhail, there's something I need to ask you first..." Riley observed the man before him first. Vitally Mikhail was a wrathful, secretive person.
"What was the name of your mate?"
"Her name was..." He lied. "Liliah."
Riley wanted to wince as he realized that Mikhail was being dishonest. His Alpha lied to him. Or was it his sister?
"What exactly happened between you two? I need to know everything."
"To be fair I only ever talked with her two it three times. I was prideful when I first met her and refused her. She was angry and flirted with the other wolves. She conspired with the late Alpha Markus. We went to the top of the mountain. at the top, Constantin made his first commands as Alpha and she fell to his feet. She gave herself to him. Later I broke my bond."
"What would you do if you ever saw her?"
"Pretend I didn't."
Riley wanted to scowl, but he didn't have all the pieces. What happened to Aiyana?
"And if my sister was in her place?"
"If your sister is half of what you say she is, I'd have to let her go."
"Aiyana. She was cursed the day she was born. My father had fought with my mother that day." Riley sighed with pity.
"A man like that deserves an ass whooping." The mighty Alpha grumbled, fully knowing his words.
Mikhail paused before asking a question he wouldn't usually ask.
"It's unusual to ask but, what does she like?"
"Stubborn but gentle approaches. Anything sudden scares her. And flowers, she loves wild flowers." Riley paused, "usually anything too strong she's flattered by but rejects it for her own pride. She can't resist people playing with her hair."Riley smiled. "Shes very vain."
"Good to know, let's get back to training."
Mikhail watched from afar how Jordan interacted with her. Somethings she melted into and other gestures made her cringe. He could do better than that mutt. Alpha Jordan went away. This was his chance. He hesitantly made his way toward her and sat down cross legged in front of her.
A lump formed in his throat as he just studied her. She was his eternal companion. This wasn't a girl he could take for the night and never have to see again, this was his Beta's only and beloved sister. If he messed up again, he would regret it for life.
"Hey, Alpha, what'cha need?"
"Not anything in particular, just seeking pleasant company. Do you mind?"
"Oh, not at all." A very small blush tinted her cheeks.
"What do you think?" He gestured at the training field.
"A lot of lonely hard working people."
"Why lonely?"
"They miss their mates all day or want to find their mates."
"Hmm, that is a problem I could solve." He pulled a blade of grass and started to play with it. "They can have meals with the rest of the pack if it'll keep them more focused. But what about the rest of them?"
"Uh, they could have meals with the unmated from other packs since no single women are in yours." His pack was a selective pack. Only strong men and their existing mates and children were allowed in. And the men were mostly seperated during the day.
"Except you."
She felt embarassed.
"I fully plan on remedying that situation, thank you very much." Her eyes light up with her challenging smile. Not that he could see her eyes behind the shades.
"Oh really. How?" He asked.
"Mmhhm, I'll figure something out, maybe a temporary mate." She bubbled lightly.
"I'll save you the trouble. Think of me as your new, temporary mate." He spoke easily with amusement clear in his chocolate coated voice.
"Tell me more" a tease slipped between the letters. She dared.
"Well, after I met you on a lit up bridge I took you to a lake and saw the way you smiled. We mated in a cheap motel and ran to farthest corner of the earth. Then we settled on the coast and became professional fishers."
She nodded her head and laughed.
"We have five pups, and the first being a boy."
"The strongest in the pack, in line to be Alpha like me. We named him... what did we name him?"
"Sedrick o'harris" she interrupted excitedly.
"Yes, tall an proper, like a man should be. He has a top hat too."
She laughed so hard the breath couldn't come into her lungs fast enough. She fell back onto the blanket in a relaxed position. Mikhail glanced at her breasts before redirecting his focus to her face. He had to stay clean of his foul tricks.
"I haven't had a good laugh in a long while." What was more humorous, the double life as fishers or the top hat their son wore?
"Happy to have provided" His voice dropped down a whole octave as he saw Jordan approach.
"Jordan, how are you?"
"I'm good just getting the lady some books."
Alpha looked at the books. They were coloring books.
"Coloring books?"
"You have them?" She sat up quickly. "Oh my gosh, yes!"
Jordan sat himself down on the blanket and spread them out. She grabbed one full of flowers and passed Alpha Mikhail one with cartoon fish. He smiled dispite his displeasure at Jordan. Jordan stubbornly stayed and grabbed a book. It was rediculous. Two alphas coloring just to be near a woman. Several members of the pack glanced over. She must be something different.
"Look at this!" She held up a half finished page. She had given a flower eyes and a mustache. A fairly comical sight to see.
"I can do better," Jordan teased before setting back to work.
"Any condescending remark, Mr. Mikhail?"
"I wouldn't dream of condescending my favorite girl." He smiled.
"Oo, lucky me!" She smiled back.
"Isabel," Riley's voice called. "Isabel time to get you some food."
"I'm not a five year old."
"That's what I said yesterday but since you disagreed..."
She nodded and obediently gathered her books and gave them to Jordan. Shock was displayed upon Riley's features. Aiyana never agreed to his commands so easily. It always took a couple minutes of persuasion. She, however, complied easily. She had done it several times now and he didn't like it one bit. Constantin took one thing from her and that was her need to bother Riley. Riley despised the man even more.
She turned to follow him but Mikhail grasped her wrist. He stared into her eyes before letting her go back to Riley. It was charming and wonderful, everything the man did... but she had to find Vitally. Otherwise she might loose her heart to the handsome Mikhail.
"Hey Riley, can you help me find him?"
"Ai, trust me, just pray to the goddess and follow your heart." What an ominous answer. She should pray to the moon goddess though. It had been awhile since she had.
Riley walked her to the cafeteria. The smell of chicken pot pie flooded her senses. It would be a great meal for a tiring day. Just being in the sunlight was exhausting. As she sat down to eat Jordan sat next to her and Mikhail took the opposite side. Riley stayed territorial to her left. He prickled when Jordan sent her a soft look. She tried not to meet Mikhail's eyes. His charming demeanor would crush any reserved space in her heart for her real mate. She could almost feel it.
Mikhail looked long and hard at the woman in front of him. She really did have a wonderful personality and caring heart. She could take a joke too. She had a couple blonde streaks in her medium brown hair. Her nose was round, but fit into her face. Her shades looked out of place on her bright happy face.
Mikhail looked to Jordan and scowled. The man was too handsy. Thinking of a solution he sent a message to his Delta.
"Hey, split those two up."
"Jordan and Isabel?"
"Yes."
"Something I should know?"
"NO."
The large coffee colored werewolf smiled mischievously. Music softly played in the background. Upbeat classical that was almost covered by the immense conversations around the room. The Delta made his way toward her.
"Isabel, dance with me." Allen smiled. She stood and followed him.
"I don't know how to dance..."
"Neither do I!"
"What-?"
He left no room for questions as he spun her about. Lots of people began laughing and joining in the fun. Something she learned very quickly was why werewolves don't dance. As agile and bone chilling they were, werewolves all had two left feet. Only a few people hadn't abandon their empty plates. That included her brother, Jordan, the Gamma and some more she didn't recognize.
Mikhail's seat was empty.
Jordan turned to Riley.
"They look like fools."
"They look like their having fun."
"Werewolves don't dance."
"Sounds like a human musical or something."
"I'm going to bed." Mikhail stood and left. Jordan turned back and watched the friendly Delta twirl his prize about the room. He obviously disproved of the wolf's behavior. She would be his own personal mate. The fact that the Delta, a weaker wolf, was in her company was almost infuriating. He shouldn't have his filthy paws on her. Another silly couple joined the crowd and he lost track of his prize for one moment. Delta Allen had another woman in his arms and Isabel was no where to be found. Jordan stood roughly and looked about the room. Where had she gone!?
"You okay, Jordan?"
"Yeah, umm, just tired. I'm gonna head out." His words came out in a distracted rush. He fled into the crowd looking for his treasure. His gold that would make him rich. She was gone from the party of wolves. He looked every where but she was gone. He rushed back to the calm Beta. His  possesion's brother.
"Where is She? Where'd Isabel go?"
"Oh the Alpha is sending her off to bed. She's in safe hands."
Jordan prickled. He did not agree with the Alpha being alone with her. That Alpha was trying to take what was his. He searched the crowd one last time before turning his man hunt else where.