Chapter 3

Maya's P.O.V

It has been 3 years since I got in an argument with my ex-bestfriends. I was actually right. They drifted apart from me. They were still friends, but I wasnt their friend. Farkle is dating smackle. Riley is apart of the cheerleading team and she is dating Lucas. Of course Lucas would choose her. I could never compete against her. Lucas was part of the football team. I was just me. Maya Hart the rebel. My new best friend is Sarah carpenter.

Oh I almost forgot about Zay. Zay wasn't here the day we got in the argument. He has been in Texas since before the argument. I have texted and called him and I told him all about our argument. He said he was coming back to new york. He is coming tomorrow and I cant wait. He also said that he was still gonna be my friend and he didn't think it was right how they just left me and never talked to me again.

I finally started walking to school. I got there and went to my first period. It was history with Mr.Matthews. (yes Mr.Matthews followed us to 12th grade.) Farkle,Smackle, Lucas and Riley were in that same class as me.

I sat down in my seat. I didn't like going to history since Lucas sat right next to me and Farkle sat behind me. It was awkward since we didnt talk anymore.

Before I knew it, it was lunch time. I went to get my tray and then I walked to the table I usually sit at. I sit with Sarah, Darby, and the one and only Yogi. We all hang out all the time.

I have to admit I really did miss my old best friends, but its clear that they dont miss me. They replaced me with missy. I thought Riley didn't like her but i guess I was wrong. Missy was now Rileys new bestfriend.

After lunch I went to my other classes and by the time I knew it school was over.

Darby, Yogi, Sarah and I all made plans to go to Topangas after school. My mom still works there and she still is friends with Cory and Topanga.

We walked to Topangas and when we got there we sat on the comfy chairs.

"I cant believe after all these years you and yogi are still together." I say to Darby as Sarah and I were laughing.

While I was laughing saw Riley,Farkle,Smackle and Lucas walk in. I stopped laughing immediately. They were all laughing together. Sarah saw me looking at my old friends with a frown on my face. She grabbed my arm.

"Guys I think we should leave" she said whlie gesturing to me and then to Riley and them.

"Oh right" darby and yogi both say while getting up.

Sarah walks right next to me and starts walking out. I walk right next to her.

I bump in to someone. I look up and it turns out I bumped into Lucas.

I look down and I whisper "sorry."
He looks at me with a smile and says "its alright, maya". Oh god i missed that smile so much.

I walk out really fast.
Sarah asks me if everything was alright and I told her everything was fine and that I needed to go home already.

I started to walk home. I thought about Lucas's smile. I missed it so much. I still like him but we will never happen since he was with Riley.

I got to my house my mom was still at work.

I went to my bedroom, got my phone and started texting zay.

(M- maya. Z- Zay)

M-hey Zay
Z-hey, Hart
M- I cant wait for you to come tomorrow. Im so exited bcs I haven't seen u in forever.
Z-ik i can't wait to see u either. Idk if i should talk to lucas and them for what they did to u.
M-well u can still talk to them. Im not stopping u.
Z- well when was the last time u talked to them.
M- ummm 3 years ago, but I bumped into lucas today.
Z-what did he say 😉
M-nothing. I just told him sorry and he smiled at me and told me "its alright ,maya"
Z-he totally likes u.
M-yea right he is dating riley and i havent spoke to him for 3 years.
Z-but do u still like him.
M-maybe.
Z- i knew it. I gtg hart ill ttyl.
M- k. Cant wait to see u tomorrow. Bye
Z- adios.

I put my phone on my nightstand and drifted off to sleep. I cant wait for tomorrow.

A/N This chapter is for @_lucaya_forever_