Chapter 9

Maya's P.O.V

Finally the school day had finished. Right after my last class I ran outside to the front of my school.

"Hey Maya did you want to walk to my house with me so we can do our project?" I heard Lucas ask.He was standing right behind me with Riley. Great.

"Oh hey Lucas umm sure that would be alright I guess......... hey uh Riley."I say awkwardly with a little wave.

"Oh hey um Maya"she says back with an awkward smile.

"Um we should go already Maya. See ya later babe" Lucas says trying to break the awkwardness. After he said that he kissed Riley on the lips. Well he didn't really kiss her it was just small Peck on the lips.

Bleh. Eventhough I didn't like Lucas anymore it was nasty watching them kiss. They had no chemistry what so ever. I don't know how they are still together. But I would never tell them that because they would just deny it and say that they love each other. I know they don't though. I used to be Riley's best friend and I know how she feels. And I can see it in her eyes that she doesn't love Lucas. She probably don't even know what love is. She just likes Lucas pretty face. That ain't love. And she knows it.

Any who after their small kiss or whatever you wanna call it, Lucas and I started to walk to his house.

"Hey Lucas do you still live in the same house that you lived in 3 years ago? "I ask as we we're walking.

"Actually yea. Nothing has really changed in the past few years. We'll nothing important."he says.

"So I want important? Because if you haven't noticed I haven't been in your life for 3 years but it's okay you don't think thats important."I say in response.

"Maya that's not what I meant. And you know that. Look I'm sorry Maya I never meant to abandon you. It was a mistake." He said.

"I know it was a mistake. And I forgive you."I tell him.

"Really?!?  You forgive me."he says with a big goofy smile on his face. Aww I missed that goofy smile of his. I shook that thought out of my head as quickly as possible.

"Yea I forgive you for. I forgive you for abandoning me. I forgive you for not picking my side over Riley's. I forgive you for not liking me back. I forgive you for everything."I say with a small smile.

"You know I thought I would feel happy since you forgave me but now I juts feel worse. I still feel guilty. What can I do to make it up for you." He asks me.

"Nothing. You can't do nothing to make me forget about those three horrible years without Riley, Farkle,  Smackle..... YOU." I say with a little tear slipping out but I wipe it away as fast as I can. "Look we are already here"I also say trying to change the subject real fast.

"Oh yea we should go inside and get ready and do our project"he says.

"Yea"I say while nodding me head.

I walk into his house and it still looks the same as it used to. It smells just like cookies just like it used to. Ahh I missed this house.

"Maya you wanna do the project in my room? Or the kitchen? " Lucas asks me.

"Can we do it in your room. I haven't been in their for the longest time and to be honest I miss sitting on that blue chair that you have in their."I say

"Of course let's go do it in my room then" he says as we head into his room.

As soon as I get their I immediately sit on that blue chair that he has in the corner. It's still so comfortable.

"I love this chair "I say.

"I know you do. That's why I still have it. I knew that one day you would come into my room again and that you would want to sit in that chair. I knew that, that is your favorite chair. That's why it's still here"Lucas says with a small smile.

"Thanks"I say while slightly blushing. It means a lot that he still kept this chair just for me.

After that we took out our science books and starrti g writing stuff down. We worked together for a little bit until I had to got back home. But I promised him that I would come back tomorrow to work more on the project.

A/N sorry it took me forever to update. I had school and I have a bunch of homework. I'll probably update tomorrow again.......... Oh and I forgot to tell you guys I'm working on another book.