Chapter 8

(I'm sorry I just had to add this song because it's one of my favorites)

Maya's P.O.V

It has been about a week since the party. I have been avoiding Lucas ever since.

It's people like him Lucas, Riley, Farkle, Smackle and my dad who give me trust issues. One second their like " Don't worry I'll never leave you, I'll always be by your side" and the next second they abandon you.

Anyways right now I am sitting down in math class waiting for it to be over. My next period us chemistry and I would rather be their than math.

RING RING

Finally the bell rang. Thank God because the teacher had just called on me to answer a question that I didn't even know the answer too.

I quickly ran out the door. I walked quickly to my next class which I had with ughhhhh Lucas.

When I walked into the classroom I found an open stool to sit on. Nobody sat beside me so I had no lab partner.

Our teacher just walked in.

"OK class we will be doing a project. It will be of a chemical reaction. You'll have to make chemicals react in a certain way for them to change a certain color. You will be doing this with a partner. Your partner will be the person who is sitting next to you right now."

I looked over and nobody was sitting their.

Lucas's P.O.V

I was late to class. Oh well it's not like I've never been late before.

I finally got to class and when I walked in the teacher told me "Lucas since you we're late their is only one person left to be your partner. Maya. She will be your partner for our project that we will be doing. "

Oh great. Maya already hates me now she's gonna hate me even more.

I go to sit next to Maya. When I sat down we we're both quiet. I have to say it was kind of awkward.

"Maya this is your partner for the project." Our teacher came up to is and told Maya.

The teacher walked away and I heard Maya whisper something very queitly. "Oh great hes my partner. He has a reputation of leaving. He's probably gonna leave while we're doing the project. I might as well do it by myself.

Ouch. That kind of hurt.

"Maya I'm not gonna leave you. It's just a project so it will only be a bout a week. " I say.

"Fine but were gonna do it at your place ranger rick." She says to me.

Maya's P.O.V

"Fine but were gonna do it at your place ranger rick." Right when I say it I regretted it.

"Did you just call me ranger rick? I haven't heard that nickname for a while." He says.

Oh God why did I have to call him that. I knew he would say something about it.

"Well don't get used to it. Its just a one time thing." I say tying to play it off.  "And plus we will only be working together for the project. After the project it's not like we will talk to each other ever again."

"Oh yea. I guess your right" he says with a small frown. "So what do we even need to do for the project? "

"Oh yea you were late so you didn't hear. So we have to do something with some chemicals and make them change or something to to some color.something like that."I say.

"Wow what a big help" he says sarcastically with a small chuckle.

"Yea ya know me. I don't really pay attention. I just hear things that I wanna hear." Tell him.

"So, since you're talking to me and listening to me that means you wanna hear me?" He asks.

Oh God. What have I gotten myself into.

"What? No. I just didn't want to ignore you and make you feel bad."I say in a 'duh' tone.

He smiles. "So you didn't want to ignore me. That just proves that you actually care about my feelings and didn't want to hurt them."

Oh for the love of God. I'm just getting myself deeper into the situation. Aren't I?

"I did not say that. Your just twisting my words around." I say with a small smile. Wow I haven't smiled while talking to Lucas in forever.

"Mum sure" he says "just admit you still care about me"

RING RING

Oh thank God I was saved by the bell. For the second time today.

"I. Can't. Hear. You." I started singing while putting my fingers on my ears so I was covering them.

I walked fast out of the class.

He better not ask me that question again today, when k go to his house later on.

A/N sorry it took me forever to update. Hope you guys like this chapter.