Chapter 1 ~ Halloween and The Pumpkin Door

Your POV
---------------

You trot down the stairs as the smell of alcohol and smoke fills your nose.

You look around and see the usual sight - your mother and father smoking and drinking as much alcohol as they could.

"Hey! Get me a beer from... The fridge..." your father calls to you.

"MAKE THAT TWO!" your mom shouts at you, laughing as the alcohol drowns her system.

"Sorry..." you say icily. "Im getting stuff for Grandma." you grab a cloth and quickly wet it in the sink.

"Well you can spare a minute to get us A BEER!" your father shouts.

"Youve had enough!" you shout back.

He starts mumbling under his breath. 'stupid child...' you run back to the stairs as your father flicks his lit cigarette at you. If hits your back while your mother tries to spit at you.

'ouch!' you think. 'well... Atleast it wasnt the bottle this time.'

Tomorrow is halloween, your favorite holiday and one day you can get away.

You slowly creak open the room your grandmother is in - the only person left in your family with a heart and a smile.

"Hello grandma..." you smile and say softly.

"Hello dear... Is that for me?" she smiles weakly upon seeing you and you instantly brighten.

"Why yes it is! Would you like it?" you come over to her and place it on her head.

"So what are you being for halloween dear? Its tomorrow you know."

"Oh i know Grandmother! Im going as a ghost of a woman. Ive got a killer costume!"

"Thats nice dear. I think im going to sleep now. Goodnight love." she motions for you to come closer and you obey.

She kisses your head gently and smiles at you. "Goodnight Grandma." you smile back at her before heading out the door.

~Time Skip~

The light shines against your face as you wake up and realize what day it is.

You gasp with delight upon knowing.

"Its halloween!" you jump out of bed and spring over to your closet, eyeing your perfect, homemade costume. It was sexy but all at the same time it was creepy and swag.

You rush downstairs to go into town for a bit, [you are... 19. Jack is... 22...? 20? 21? Crap. Idk. One of those. In this fanfic anyway.]

'ok... I think ill judt burn time and walk around. Hopefully until... 8...? Ya.'

You begin to walk around, whilst making plans for halloween later taht night. (your not going trick or treating but you were invited to a party.)

~Time Skip~

'7:55...' you head back to the house. 'i cant wait to show Grandma my killer costume!' you walk into your house, the same old smell im and sight filling the room.

You rush right past and head into your room, quickly changing. You put on the finishing touches and waltz into your Grandmothers room.

"Ta da!" You say with a wide grin.

You get no response. 'usually shed be up...' " Grandma?"

You head over to her and look her over. She looks as though shes sleeping, but she never sleeps at this hour.

You check her pulse and are horrified when you cant find one.

"G-Grandma?!" tears form in your eyes. "Dont leave me here!!!" you hold her tightly. "Please..." you sob into her.

After a little bit you notice something on her dresser.

"Huh...?" you go over and see a note adressed to you and a small box. Slowly, you open the note.

Dearest Y/N,

Im so sorry to leave you with these people by yourself, but it is my time. I love you very much dear. Please dont be too sad. I died happily knowing you loved me. Be safe now with those idiots downstairs and take this gift so you can remember me. Keep smiling my dear! Have a happy Halloween!

With love,

Grandma

You open the small box and see a small gold necklace. Very gently, you remove it from the box and open the little oval dangling from it.

Inside is a picture of you and your grandmother, just a couple weeks ago. On the other side is the words:

keep smiling

-Grandma

You place the delecate locket around your neck and start to cry as you look at your dead grandmother.

'i need to get out of here...' picking up the bottom of your dress, you rush out of the house. You had hid the note and box in your room so no one could find them.

You run out if the town to a part of town youve never been. You keep running, right into a forest.

You kept running.... And running... Until... You saa a gathering of odd teees up ahead.

You stop running and walk closer, realizing that what you see... If doors? In trees... Painted like holidays.

"Holiday doors...?" instantly, curiousity kicks in and you wander around them.

'halloween' your head tells you 'go to the halloween door' instinctivly, you search for a halloween door.

Eventually, you come across it.

Walking up to it slowly, you study the pumpkin door. Your hand dlowly creeps forwards. Towards the knob.

Slowly, you turn it and the door flies open. Without hesitation, you walk through the door.

----------------------------------------
Hey guys!

Emma here. Hope you like the first chapter! Sorry if it drags out a bit. Next chapter will be more... Interesting. Read on to see what happens! See ya next time! Bye!

-Emma❤