Chapter 2 ~ The Pumpkin King

Your POV
...................

As soon as you enter the door, it slams shut behind you. You fall straight down into nothing but black, evil laughs being whispered in the backround while a cold wind prickled at your bare skin.

An excited shiver ran down your spine as you awaited your next move.

............

You fall right down into a graveyard where a large hill with a curl at the end sits majestically in the distance. The moon reflects against every pumpkin and gravestone.

You hear off in the distance, the faint cackling of people.

Curiousity wins you over as you head towards the sound.

Eventually you reach a large toen where everyone seems to be scaring everyone right and left.

Thats when you realize that theyre not people... Theyre monters.

You stumble backwards to get away from the gate. In the process, you step on a twig causing many people to stop and look at you.

'oh no...'

They start heading towards you and the gate swings open.

'NO!'

You fall backwards when trying to get away and soon youre surrounded. Curious murmurs erupt from the people as they stare at you. Youve never been more afraid.

You put your arms over your head and scream as loud as you can.

After a few seconds, youre lifted off the ground by a pair of kind, welcoming arms.

You eventually open your eyes and see yourself face to face with a skeleton.

Even though he is just bones, he has handsome features. You blush as he speaks to you with a kind, deep voice.

"Are you alright?" you realize hes very tall and because of him you are out of reach of the other monsters.

You nod shyly, still captivated by him.

'why cant i stop staring at him?'

He starts walking into the town and you grip his black and white striped suit as if your life depends on it. You stiffen as you see numerous amounts of monsters staring at you. All very gruesome looking and creepy.

Upon seeing all of them, you faint in the arms of your saviour.

~Short Time Skip~

You wake up in a bed with black sheets. You glance around the unrecocnizable room. You start to recall what happened as you awake from your sleepy state.

'oh god... Please be a dream... Please... All of it... My Grandmother... The forest.... The doors... The town... Please...'

You get up and slowly creak open the door.

You peak your head out and are instantly greeted with the smell of food. 'that smells so much better than alcohol and cigarettes...'

You slowly creep down the hall, looking around the corner. The familiar face of a skeleton man is cooking in the kitchen. You cant help but laugh at the pink frilly apron hes wearing.

"Glad youre awake!" he smiles kindly at you. You stop laughing and stare at him.

"Thanks... Who are you?"

"Why, im Jack! Jack Skellington. Otherwise known as The Pumpkin King!"

"Ok, Mr. Skellington, what does that title mean?" you ask curiously.

"You mean Pumpkin King? It basically means im the king of Halloween! Oh and you can call me Jack." your eyes widen and your heart flutters.

"T-the k-king of h-hallow-ween...?"

"Why yes!"

You let out a girlish scream and rush towards him, wrapping your arms around his tall bony figure.

After a bit, he returns the hug

"I cant believe this... Im so happy!" you smile brightly at him. 'THE KING of Halloween... Wow...' youve been repeating it to yourself for the past
ten minutes.

"Youre very excited." Jack lets out a wide smile that melts your heart.

You stare at him, studying his amazing smile.

"Well, you were really quite scared back there huh?"

"Hm?" he snaps you out of your staring. "Oh... Y-ya. I love this kind of thing but... Ive never seen a real monster... Then they were all staring and crowding... It was scary."

"I understand."

"Thank you... By the way. For... Saving me."

"Oh, that was nothing." he waves his hand in the air as if to brush it away. You smile at him greatfully.

"So... What now?" you look around while clutching your coffe in your hand.

"How about you tell me your name?"
He smiles kindly at you.

"Oh ya! My name is Y/N."

You return his smile.

"Beautiful."

You two continue to talk as you begin to enjoy his company more and more.

...............................................
Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed! C u next chapter!

-Emma