Chapter 9 ~ But I'm Alive With Her

Your POV

About a week later, you and Jack went strolling through the town together. You and him were more in love than ever and you wanted to keep it that way.

Sally had been laying low for the time being. You and Jack hadnt heard from her or even seen her around.

Jack entertwined his fingers with yours and smiled at you. You smiled back and rested your head on his arm and put a hand on his arm.

You really loved that skeleton.

You strolled through town and decided to visit the Mayor while you were there.

Jack knocked on the door, his fingers still entertwined with yours. In a few moments, the door swung open revealing the double faced Mayor of Halloween Town.

The Mayor smiles at Jack and becomes uneasy when he looks at you. "Jack... Welcome... I see you brought your... Lady friend..."

"Girlfriend." Jack corrected.

The mayor's eyes widen and he turns angry. "Unheard of! Youre two different species! Itll never work!" he screaches, causing everyone to look over.

The last words hit you hard. 'itll never work'

Without you realizing, Jack had let go of your hand. When you finally realized, you look up from the ground that you stared at and looked at Jack.

Your boyfriend, the Pumpkin King, could be scarier than you thought. He had one long leg resting on all three of the mayor's steps. He leaned close to the mayor and had an angry expression on his face. He leaned close to the mayor, holding his jacket, while the mayor shook with fear.

"Itll work." he said, dropping the small mayor. "But Jack youre dead and shes not!" he shouted at him as Jack got up.

"But im alive with her." he said simply, turning back to where you used to be.

He looked around for you, because you had now gone. "Y/N!" he shouted, racing off in a random direction to see if you were there.

Meanwhile, you stood, panting, behind the brick wall that you once sat on with him. You sank down and sat at the bottom, in a shadow so you wouldnt be seen.

You cried silently as you heard Jack come back and ask others for help. Soon, all the vampires and witches and monsters were looking for you. You wiped away yours tears and peeked out from the shadows, looking around. You could see people walking off in different directions to find you while Jack sat in the center of the town, sitting on the fountain with his head in his hands.

Y/N my dear...
I cant help but sit here and ooover hear...
Youve gone missing my love, my angel...
My light in the dark. Darling don't be a stranger...

You heard him start to sing as he stood up and walked around the fountain. You cocked your head curiously at him and listened while standing up, still hiding around the wall.

I thought we had, everything...
We did my dear, we do.
I live for you, i die down here.
Without you standing next to me...

He continued to sing and you smiled to yourself. You listened intently, to the song for you.

I sing this song, in hopes you return...
To my oooopen arm, awaiting.
Please dont leave, im begging you dear
My sweet, my lovable Y/N.

He leaned against the fountain, his head in his hands. You stared at the ground thinking before stepping out from behind the wall.

Jack, my man, my wonderful man
I feel so alive with you...
Im here my love, im here.
Dont be sad my Jack,
Ill never be gone,
Ill keep my promise to you i swear.

You sang softly and he looked up with tears imprinted on his boney face. He wiped them away and smiled brightly.

He got up and walked over to you, intertwining your fingers with his.

I may be dead, but im alive with you...

He sang softly. You smiled and finished the song.

I may not be dead,  but im only alive with you...

Jack leaned over, arching himself you reach your face. You stood on your toes to help him and your lips collided together. Slowly, his hands made their way to your waist where he lifted you into the air. You squealed in delight as he spun you around the air, the magical reuniting kiss over.

"I love you Jack." you say happily, staring down at him as he holds you up.

"I love you too Y/N." he says with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys

Took a while for the update but here it is ❤

-Emma