4th Prince PoV: A Comrade

To my displeasure, I did not manage to get anything more relevant from the girl. She is not tight-lipped, but the way she explains things result in more questions than answers. I do not get it, how can an explanation that is supposed to explain becomes a questionnaire?

"The school is going to start soon," a month before we go to school, the girl says as I just sit down after my arrival to her mansion

I glance at her as the maid serves me tea. Once the maid is gone, I ask while raising my eyebrow, "Don't you mean, the fated meeting between me and the 'Heroine'?" I sneer at the thought of that particular meeting. I am not looking forward to it.

The girl giggles.

Isn't she worried? If the 'Heroine' manages to take me away from her, won't she be devastated? Or will she be happy instead? Relieved?

"You really don't like the Heroine? Even though you have never met her before..." the girl stares at me, awaiting my reply

"She has a lot of gentlemen chasing after her, doesn't she?" I say as I raise my eyebrow at the fact this girl mentioned before, "There is no need for me to be one of them who chases after her too,"

"Hmm," the girl smiles, though it's as if she doesn't believe me

"Leaving that aside," I stare at her, watching her every move as I question something that has been bothering me for a while, "Do you know, that Father gives me the chance to be the Crown Prince, to succeed him as the next King?"

The girl nods, "I figure something like that will happen, yes. In the game, when the Heroine first met you, you were already the Crown Prince,"

"I was already a Crown Prince?" I make a face, suddenly wondering whether this 'Heroine' tried to capture me to become the next Queen. Also, the game me, he accepted the position to become the next King without much thought? Or... Was he that assured of his ability in leading a Kingdom?

"Why?" the girl asks me, curious, "You are the Crown Prince, aren't you?"

"Not yet, as of now," I reply simply, "I have yet to accept that position,"

"Why not?" the girl blinks in surprise, "Do you plan to accept it?"

"Depends," it isn't something I can accept just like that. Since she is involved too, then I will ask her opinion, "Do you think I should accept it?"

The girl doesn't answer immediately. She furrows her eyebrows at me, "Why are you asking for my opinion? Isn't it your choice whether to accept it or not?"

"If I accept to be the Crown Prince, I will have to undergo the training to be the next King," I explain, watching as she listens, "Since you're my fiancée, naturally, you will be my Queen once I am crowned King. Which means; you will need to undergo the training to be Queen too,"

Once she processes that, the girl's jaw slackened. Hmm, I think this expression of hers is pretty entertaining. So, she has not thought of that? How amusing.

"Q- w- q- Queen!? What?!" the girl exclaims, standing up in a flurry, "There is no way I am a Queen material!"

"That's one of the many things I thought of too," I tell her, smirking at her clamour, "Can you survive on the harsh training to be a Queen?"

"No way! No way!" the girl shakes her head vehemently, "I am just a normal civilian, a slightly spoiled daughter of an Earl. I am no Queen material!"

"With the right training, anyone can be Queen," I argue reasonably

The girl stares at me, "You think I can be a Queen?"

I pause and think of my answer first before giving it to her, "Personally, I think you just don't want to be the Queen, since the responsibilities might kill you,"