4th Prince PoV: An Intermediary

The journey back to Meerschaum Kingdom is smooth without trouble.

Now that I am back in Meerschaum Kingdom... It's time to see Litos.

"Halt!" the guard on the Castle's gate stops me from going in, "Who are you and what is your business for coming here?!"

I blink once in surprise at their question.

"You don't look that much different from the first time I saw you," Corona, the Guardian Spirit residing in a gray coloured ring, notes curiously, "I am not using [Camouflage] either,"

I sigh when I am covered by the haze of Camouflage because Corona uses the spell instead of just mentioning it.

The guard who stopped me stiffens in surprise at my hazy appearance, before his eyes widen in shock as the haze dissipates. I can't look at myself since there is no mirror to reflect my appearance, but I think I look like me a year ago, right before I went to the East Continent. It is me back then, that is recognised by the everyone in Meerschaum Kingdom, after all.

Just how much my appearance has changed in the time I was away?

Corona, the Guardian Spirit, is a shape-shifter. But, the skill they can use on me... Is Camouflage. In short, they can change my appearance to anyone at will... Or even affect my surrounding slightly, as in hiding away my luggage from view right now. This is just like an illusion... Despite how Corona denies it.

I rest my case.

"Prince Castel! You have returned!" the guard salutes, suddenly getting nervous, "I didn't recognise you in your disguise! Please forgive me!"

"It wasn't a disguise..." Corona sounds confused by the guard's statement, "...This is a disguise,"

"Yes, I have returned," I ignored them both, "Let me in,"

"Yes!" the guard hurriedly hollers at his companions inside to open the gate. Turning to me, the guard inquires politely, "Did you return alone, Prince Castel?"

"Yes," I reply simply

The guard frowns slightly, "...Where are the escorts...?"

"I don't have escorts with me," I reply, frowning slightly, "I am also unaware that I have escorts,"

The guard hesitates, "I heard the King sent some people to escort you back..."

"I didn't see or meet them," I inform the guard. Is he getting suspicious of me? Understandable. I would get suspicious of someone who shows up out of nowhere too. Without notice of their return ahead of time.

"They should be on East Continent by now..." the guard mumbles, casting me a suspicious look I do not deserve

"I arrived from the South Continent," I reveal civilly, "I left the East Continent around four months ago... Did you not get the words from the Hedgehog Beastmen?"

The guard shakes his head slowly.

Hmm...

"Well, I will allow you to detain me to confirm my claim," I decide to make his work easier, "But first, let me wait inside,"

The guard hesitates.

"Nobody trusts you," Corona notes, slightly amused, "You aren't trusted,"

'This and that are different matters,' I reply inwardly, purposely speaking to them, 'They are just being cautious,'

"Then, Prince Castel... I will bring you to the waiting room," the guard salutes politely and guides me inside