4th Prince PoV: A Spy

I receive the news of a girl going around asking about me.

Naturally, that news immediately put me in bad mood. What is that girl doing, going around asking about me?

That aside, where is Litos? Where has my fiancée disappeared to?

"Prince Castel...?" the boy who brings me the news calls for my attention respectfully

Right. Before I go to find my wayward fiancée, I have to deal with this first, "Thank you for letting me know," I tell him evenly with a small nod to show my gratitude

"Ah... it's nothing. I mean, you're very much welcome," the boys reply with fluster, bowing respectfully to me before scurrying away

This one is more bearable. He knows when to dismiss himself promptly, unlike others who persist in extended stay to annoy me. Too bad I didn't get his name. I might go find out about him later; if I remember to do so.

Now... where should I start to look for Litos?

"Prince Castel," calls Regien ilt Ligheten, the person Litos told me about: my potential best friend or future prime minister. He walks to me and pauses a distance away to give me a bow to show his respect.

I nod back to show that I am listening and paying him my attention.

"I apologise to disturb you, Prince. Actually, there is a matter I need to discuss with you," Ligheten requests politely

I frown against my will. I do not particularly have any antagonistic feelings towards him. But, I feel something ominous from his request for a talk. What is it that he wants to talk about?

"I understand," as of now, I will listen to his request first, "Shall we move to a meeting room first?"

This school provides enough meeting rooms for Nobles to have private talks among themselves or for guests. I am certain we are allowed to use one.

"...Yes, please," Ligheten agrees after a pause

What is that pause for?

Deciding to ignore that, I turn to walk to a place where I am certain there is a free meeting room. Regien ilt Ligheten follows behind me docilely. Really... I do not think I will enjoy this talk.

*

Just as I thought, I do not enjoy the talk. It was not something I want to think about, at all. But... I suppose it is not something I can hold off any longer. 

"Prince Castel," Regien ilt Ligheten ends the conversation with an offer, "The reason I am here, the reason for this talk... It is to let Your Highness knows that I am willing to give my assistance if you do require it without any compensation,"

I blink once.

Seeing my confound self, Ligheten requests, "Permission to speak freely?"

"Granted," I allow it

Ligheten nods, "Personally, I am getting... bored of my life in this school,"

Ligheten pauses to see my reaction. I show a very neutral expression.

"I want a change of pace in my school life. So, when I heard about it... I thought I can offer my assistance to you, Your Highness," Ligheten bows his head for five seconds before lifting it up

I need to think, but I am not going to close my eyes to do that. Thus, while staring at Ligheten, I think.

'Someone leaked the information of the proposition to become the Crown Prince, to be their future King. It is not a surprise; since they had started acting toward Litos... But, who was the one that leaked it?' that is the most crucial part. Who was the one that told them? Even though both Litos and I have no desire to let them know...