4th Prince PoV: A Dear

I have not fallen-- or even is-- in love with my fiancée, Litos. But, I know. I know that once I fall in love with her... I won't be able to turn back. Ever.

It's just like her to make me think of something sentimental like this.

Seeing her walking slowly to me... Taking great care of her own footwork so she won't fall down and embarrass herself... In that white dress... Plus a little make-up...

...

An imagination of seeing her in a wedding gown and walking to me flash in my mind.

Once she arrives, she gives a curtsy, "Good evening, Castel,"

"Good evening, Litos," I nod along with my reply, offering a hand for her to put on. After a brief hesitation, I decide to go with the truth, "You look beautiful. Wearing a white dress suit you," I take her hand and give a kiss on the back of her gloved palm, "I am blessed to have you as my fiancée,"

"Thank you," Litos smiles, shy and pleased, "I went to great length to acquire this dress. Not to mention, I'm sacrificing my feet to wear these terrible shoes. Since I already put in the effort, I have to look good. Otherwise, it will be a waste,"

I close my eyes at her words. That sounds so unromantic. Where is the mood I set up earlier? Did she not notice it?

...No, let's just forget it. I am not going to spoil this special day.

"This is the first party we are going together, isn't it?" Litos muses, linking her arm with mine

I guide us to the ballroom where the party is held. To her musing, I retort, "I did invite you to various parties I was invited before. You never accepted it,"

"Well, excuse me for not wanting to get myself involved with the political struggles that came with the parties," Litos breathes, smiling pleasantly as someone stops and turns to stare at us, "I don't want to get involved in any of that. You know it, don't you?"

"I know," I reply in low voice, nodding as someone greets us, "But it still doesn't excuse you to refuse me,"

"Hey," Litos turns to look up at me slightly, huffing, "Don't make it into something personal,"

I suppress a grin and settle with a smile instead, all in good humour.

I think I hear some girls squeals. When I turn to look, they hurriedly turn away.

"Hmm," Litos is also looking at them, "That reminds me. You are practically a brick from the general population's viewpoint,"

"Excuse me?" me? A brick? Where does that come from?

Litos points at my hair, "That red-brown hair you have, it's the first clue. Next, it's your attitude. Then, add in your personality too," Litos ends her point with a flourish, "Thus, their viewpoint that you are a brick is created,"

"Forgive me for not believing you," I push away her hand that is still hanging to point at my hair, "I have a notion that it is your viewpoint," sweeping a look at the people walking to the same destination as us while stealing glances at us, I add, "Don't force your viewpoint on them,"

Litos narrows her eyes, "We will see,"

"There's nothing to see," I reply instantly

Ignoring her indignation, I pull her so she will move to the ballroom again. We had stopped unconsciously while talking earlier.

*

As I expected. My status as this Kingdom's Fourth Prince is emphasised once again in this party. Even though the first year students have slowly started to leave me alone... Now the upper year students will come flocking.