Three

Unfortunate Circumstance

Continuation..

Bea's POV

When I had suddenly heard somebody scream from behind, maybe from the restroom, na startle ako so I accidentally slammed on the gas that caused the car to back up nang bigla-biglaan. Kahit naka close ang windows ko, I can still hear the scream from the inside.

The screaming did not stopped. For worse, lumakas at parang nasabayan na rin ng isang mas ear-cancerous na screech.

What the hell on Earth is happening?

I looked at the side-view mirror and saw a small figure na parang naka attach sa left tire ko.. it looks like parang nahihirapan siyang maka alis sa tire ko.

And then it hit me.

Fuck, I had stepped on a cat. In a car. That's why I heard a screech pala. Ang slow ko.

I quickly shifted the gear to move forward at lumabas sa car.

I looked down at the cat na naipit sa tire ko. I knelt down and poke the cat with a stick. Not dead, though. But it looks like the cat has gone to heaven, man.

Someone shouted sa gilid ko, "Gago ka! Tignan mo anong ginawa mo sa pusa!"

When I looked up, I saw a girl in a yellow blouse and white shorts na may dalang mga text-books at a Winnie- The Pooh na backpack looking at me like I stole her favorite pair of pajama. Real cute.

"What?"

"What what ka pa! Tignan mo oh!" She pointed her index finger at the injured cat.

"So?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Kasalanan mo 'to! Di kasi tumitingin sa gilid eh!" sabi niya.

"Chill, we don't wanna make a scene here so please lower down your voice." I calmed her. She really needs calm to her horses. Baka ma trending pa on social media, masira pa ang reputasyon ko. Hays.

"Chill?! Dalhin mo yan sa clinic now na!" She told me.

Is she trying to make me laugh? Dalhin ko raw yung cat sa clinic?

I stood up and said, "Do it yourself then."

Good thing I'm taller than her, she seems intimidated nung tumayo na ako because I saw her gulped.

"Bakit? Ako ba ang nakasagasa ng pusa?" She counter-replied.

"Did I tell you na ikaw nakasagasa? I told you to do it yourself." And with that, I turned around and walked to the driver's door.

Hanap na lang ako ng ibang parking space. Yung walang pusa at babae na sisigawan lang ako.

I was about to open the door when I felt a hand on my back. And when I looked back, nagulat ako nung nakita ko siya na parang gusto na sumabog.

How could she care this much because of a cat? I mean, she's like on the verge of crying infront of me, a stranger pa ha.

I sigh. Nilagpasan ko lang siya and walked to the cat na nakahiga tabi ng tire ko. Ang O-A naman this cat. Tail niya lang ang naipit but acts like buong katawan nya na ang nasagasaan ko.

This cat really wants to make me even guiltier.

Mukhang nagulat siya nung kinarga ko yung pusa sa arms ko.

"Ano? Are you just going to cry and stand there all day?" I said to the girl beside me.

She recomposed herself and pinunasan ang luha sa mata niya.

I let her lead the way to the clinic. I was thinking ways kung paano ko i-explain sa nurse ang situation ko. I mean who the hell brings an injured cat to the school clinic?

And when we finally got there, the nurse with the perfect timing asked us kung ano raw ginagawa namin dun. I tried to tell her the incident without really antagonizing myself in the story.

It really was an accident, really.

"Miss, please know na school clinic po ito. For the students po. 'Di po ito para sa mga hayop." She said, emphasizing the word 'students'.

"Ah, so hindi po pala rin pwede dito yung ex ko?" Comment nung babaeng kasama ko. The nurse just laughed at her.

God, I hate these kind of people. Yung palagi na lang naghu-hugot. Lahat ng bagay, hinahanapan ng hugot. I'm starting to dislike this girl even more.

"Look, miss. I didn't want to bring this cat here and hell, I didn't want even to meet her," I pointed my finger sa girl, "So excuse me, I got no business 'round here. Goodluck sa life." continue ko.

I gave the cat to the nurse and excused myself.

🌻🌻🌻

Hello, loves! Hope you've had a prosperous and a happy new year! Here's to more hopia and kilig jhobea moments 😂

We've been solid through good and bad times, fam. Keep it up! We shall never sink.

I'm thinking of a new year's resolution na hindi na medyo magiging perfectionist about publishimg a chapter. Ang raming naka tambak eh. Paano ba yan 'di ako nilulubayan ng writer's block? Chz naman hehehe.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Thanks! 😊