Five

New Chapter

Bea's POV

This morning was different than before. Well excluding what happened last time when I got home, I was greeted by my It's my first day of class as a college student. Bumabalik nanaman where I'm one of the freshmen na ayaw ng mga higher level students.

I used to care about my own reputation nung high school pa ako. But now, it's far more different eh. People don't care na about fame. College is about passing your course na kasi and it's more about your future. Bawal na basta joke joke lang.

This day, magiging College Bea na ako.

Well, that sounded so wrong.

I'm quite nervous parin since wala pa akong friends besides than Jho. And tas I'm scared pa baka di ko siya makita ngayon (of course, wala na akong ibang friends eh). I promised pa naman her na sasamahan ko siya sa tryouts.

And the sad thing pa kasi 'di ko siya ka-batch. She's a sophomore tapos I'm a freshie.

It took me ten minutes para maghanap ng spot dito sa Ateneo. Yesterday nga ang rami ng cars, di pa nag start ang class. Ngayon pa kaya?

I don't care naman din if ma la-late ako. I can just lie na I was lost around the campus, considering I'm a new student.

Besides, my only schedule for today is OrSem. Hell, I don't even know what that is. Maybe it's an orientation for freshmen like me?

The event started 10 minutes after I had arrived where we were said to gather.

For what seemed like ages, the orientation finally ended. I picked up my duffel and made my way to the Gym.

When I got there, there weren't much of people. Just athlethes warming up lang. I looked around to find Jhoana, pero the girl was nowhere to be found.

I sat in the bleachers, pretending to be texting; to minimize embarrassment. Mahirap ma-pagkamalang nawawala dito.

Every once in a while I would scan my surroundings, hoping to see that, well, compared sakin, petite figure.

While I was faking to be checking my phone, a person poked me (for the second time).

What's up with people here in Ateneo? Parang they have a problem in approaching people ah.

When I turned around, two tall-girls about my height, wearing volleyball jersey and shorts, came into my view.

"Hi!" The curly-haired girl greeted.

"Uh, hi?"

I seriously don't know how to greet other people in Ateneo other than Jhoana.

"Ano ka 'ba, Trey! You're scaring her oh!" The chinita girl told her and faced to me, "Hi! I'm Maddie and this is my pinaka-shunga na friend ko si Therese," she introduced.

"Or you can call me Trey na lang for short." Therese smiles.

I was about to say something back to them but was interrupted by a loud whistle.

"Are you going to try-out for volleyball too?" Maddie asks.

"Y-yeah but--"

"Cool! Kami rin. Tara, let's go downstairs na. Baka Coach Tai will get mad at us." Therese said as she linked her arm with mine and pull me downstairs.

I tried to look around for Jhoana but it seems na mala-late siya for the tryouts. I hope di niya nakalimutan, though.

As all the try-out players came to the area where Coach Tai called us, we formed a big circle and introduced our names. 

Then it was my turn, I checked the gym but still, Jho wasn't around. I stood up and presented myself, "Hi, I'm Bea de Leon. I'm a freshman. I'm from Poveda and I'm a transferee here in Ateneo. I hope we could all be friends." I muster a smile.

After the introduction, the try-outs had begun.

It was not long until it ended. I met a lot of kind players and of course, the Alyssa Valdez. Man, she was an icon to watch.

I volunteered to help restored all of the balls and the net.

Once we finished cleaning the gym, some of the players, including me, said our goodbyes.

When I was on my way to my car, I thought of the good things that happened to me lately. I've met nice people whom I actually relate to. All this time, I really thought Ateneo and me are really two different things? Like two different forces, you name it.

Speaking of good things, I hadn't seen Jhoana anywhere around today.

I slapped my forehead thinking, of course! I had forgotten to get her number! Now how am I supposed to message her now?

I sish. I seriously have a problem with asking people's name.

I shook my head and hoped for the best.

🌻🌻🌻

Double update for y'all because it's our sunflower's birthday tomorrow YAY. Next update will probably on the weekends if I finish my school works early.

But as you all can see, medyo mabagal ang flow ng story. I'm trying to set this into a normal-paced relationship. Kasi raw best things are yet to come, diba? Jokeyyyy hehe. 

(Also, stay out of trouble luvs. You know ang raming mga papansin ngayon diba? Lalo na sa 👻 so behave tayo ah? Para di mag si-sink 😊💪)

All the love, xx.

#JhoanaAyosBuhayAt21💕