Four

New Adventure

Bea's POV

The whole day was a blur. After kong umalis dun sa clinic, I immediately went to my car and parked it somewhere else.

I can't bear seeing that girl's face again. She managed to ruin my day. Not to count pa na when I got to the Blue Eagle Gym where the list of the passers was posted, ang raming ng tao. I had to wait pa for the crowd para mag lessen. Ang hirap mag overtake kapag matangkad.

I felt mixture feelings of kaba at takot rin nung nakita ko yung list. I honestly don't know if magiging proud ako sa sarili ko because I passed or if mag mourn because I have to survive my whole college life in a school na ayaw mo. At wala pa akong kilala. Not counting the baliw girl and the nurse though.

I am now sitting in a bench sa park, staring at the ground and trying to capsulize lahat ng nangyari saakin.

Then someone poked me sa likod ko, "Hoy."

I didn't bother to look at the person. I don't care. All I care now is my life is now over. Pag-uwi ko siguro, magpa-party nanaman sila Mom. Please watch my upcoming movie; The Sufferings of Bea de Leon.

The person who poked me faced me. And because naka duko ako, I could not see the person.

When she knelt right before me, I suddenly want to vomit hard. And trust me, she is the last person I'd wanna see right now.

"Ikaw ang may kasalanan. Ikaw ang mag alaga niyan." Binigay niya sakin ang cat na naka bandaged na ngayon ang tail.

"What the hell?" And as I looked up at her, I found her puno ng pawis at naghihingal-hingal. That sight nearly made me take back what I said bago lang.

"Sabi ni ate nurse na kailangan daw may mag-aalaga kay Louisse habang nagre-recover ang buntot niya."

"Who the hell is Louisse?"

"Ang pusa, of course." Sabi niya in a 'duh' tone.

She named the cat, Louisse. Galing.

"Do you even know if she's a she or a he?" I rolled my eyes. What if lalake pala ang cat? Should we call him Louis?

"Edi Louisso."

And with that, I bursted out laughing. Louisso sounds like yung pagkain, chorizo. It's pretty weird hearing yourself laugh again since a very long time.

She sat beside me sa bench. I think she's tired of finding me sa campus.
And for some weird reason, I appreciate her for that.

"Thanks." I didn't know what came into me when I said that.

When she didn't answer, tumingin ako sakanya. I saw her eyes were closed so I decided not to pry. I stroked the sleeping cat in my arms. Such a darling. I honestly didn't mean to hurt it.

I noticed in my peripheral vision na nakatingin na pala saakin yung girl.

"Please stop staring," I said.

She bowed down her head. We just sat there for a long time siguro na hindi ko na namamalayan na it's already five in the evening.

Oh my gosh, Mom is so going to kill me. Surely, they want to hear if I passed or not. And I promised to text them if the results are posted na.

But anyway, maybe Mom had already gotten the news. Ang raming connections niya eh. News really travel so fast kapag sa mga mothers. I know how it works. They kinda like computers, passing data to data.

"So hey, I'll be going first." I told her and stood up.

"Ha? Agad-agad? Ang aga pa ah?" Nalatingin naman siya saakin. Now that I can really look at her, she's actually very pretty. She has this big brown doe eyes na parang tarsier.