Ten

Hole in the Heart

Bea's POV

After we had dinner at the hotel we are staying, I was surprised when Jho went immediately to our room without even telling me. She could've at least told me, "Bea mauuna na ako sa room." or like "I'm going to our room na."

"Bei, is Jho okay?" Ate Alyssa asked me.

Looks like I'm not the only one who was left in questions.

"I don't know, Ate Ly. She didn't tell me she's going to our room nga eh."

She hummed in response, "Siguro pagod yun. Sige, Bea, let her rest muna."

I assured Ate Ly that I will take care of Jho. Of course, if Jho would let me considering our state right now.

When I went to our room, I found Jho sleeping on the other bed.

I felt bad.

I must've worn her with the luggage too much earlier.

Way to go, Bea.

As my quiet peace offering, I fetched a glass of water and put it on her nightstand then took a hot bath.

It wasn't long before I dozed off to sleep.

*************

I woke up to the sounds of footsteps on our doorstep.

I lifted myself up sleepily from the bed and yawned.

It's breakfast time na siguro.

I reached for my phone and unlocked it.

03:16

What?! If it's still 3 am then why the hell did I hear footsteps on our doorsteps?

Maybe those weren't footsteps. Maybe some pet lang.. I hope so.

But isn't this what other people are saying? Kapag nagising ka raw during 1 am to 3 am, it means somebody (who's dead) is watching you.

I shuddered at the thought.

God, Bea. It's like the 21st century and you still believe in those superstitions?

I shook my head then looked at Jho's bed only to see nobody was sleeping.

What now?

Maybe nasa bathroom lang, peeing.

I held on to that thought and waited for a while for Jho to come out. But she didn't.

I slid out of bed and checked the bathroom.

Okay, no signs of Jho.

What should I do? Should I call Ate Ly?

I fetched for my jacket and decided to go find Jho.

I'm going to kill her talaga. She made me go out and look for her at 3 am. 3 fucking am?!

I checked the lobby, she wasn't there. I checked the game room, she wasn't room. I checked the dining hall, she wasn't there. I checked every bathroom every floor, she still wasn't there.

If I don't find her at the pool then bahala na siya sa buhay niya. Malaki na yun, she will come back on her own accord.

I'm going to watch sunrise nalang by the poolside. It's the least I could reward myself after checking the whole hotel for her.

When I got to the pool, I almost freaked out when I saw a figure sitting by the pool. I couldn't get a look in the face but I'm praying hard this isn't Slenderman..well, that's if he's true (Which I truly truly hope not).

I mean who the hell goes to the pool at 3 am?!

Well, unless if you're a vampire or I don't know. The kid probably couldn't sleep or didn't sleep at all.

But I decided to check anyway.

Fun fact about me? I really love digging my own grave. That's like my favorite thing to do most of the time.

I'd constantly look around if there would be someone to pop up or surprise me and tell me this is just an its-3-am-and-wala-kaming-magawa-so-magt-trip-na-lang-kami-ng-tao prank.

As I get nearer and nearer to the person, I'm starting to identify who it is.

"Jho?"