EPISODE 6 : PLAY TIME IN HELL

*song*

Beneath the bright allure of Olympus and the daily hassles of mortal world, lays a waste land filled with darkness and suffering, a world that had little room for happiness , a world with vast rivers of both fire and water, a world of sadness and forgotten memories. ( A world where pomegranate were allowed to grow free without discrimination ) . This place was Hades, the underworld, the final resting place of souls, the domain of the god of the dead, the home of Hades (damn this is confusing ).

The environment here was harsh, the atmosphere was dry and cold, the ground was littered with various relics from the dead, screams of tortured souls filled the air, large geysers of flames were the main source of visibility in this dark cavern .

Most days here were long and mainly sorrow filled....but today wasn't one of those days .

Today the underworld was mirthful and adorned with a multitude of dull colored decorations , the Asphodel's highway and the very skies were buzzing with beings as most of the inhabitants had come out ( even though some were forced ) to celebrate the coming event. The very surrounding itself seemed to have slightly improved , the dark skies were clear of floating objects , the souls in the field of punishment seemed to have lowered their wailing and even Charon wore a small smile .

They all knew that they had to put in their best for today , it was the half year festival after all...the day when the ownership of the cycle of death is changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsewhere in the outskirts of the underworld, away from the growing crowd of partiers and the loud parades, two sentries vigilantly stand guard at the fence around river Styx .The security personnel listlessly pace around the Stygian iron barricade, defending the body of water from skinny dippers and occasionally even skipping stone across it's surface.

Their pale and burned-out faces were clear indication of their growing boredom on the task .

" ughhhh ! This is agony, Jack ".

The boy sighs then faces the bleating brunette beside him," what is it, Zein ".

" you know this guard job blows, right ! ", Zein whines and gesture to his friend , who responded with an apathetic nod ," I mean just causes some mortals bathed in this cesspool years old , doesn't mean we should be stuck protecting it...c'mon let's split ", he glances at the objects floating in Styx before turning to his co-worker with hopeful eyes.

Jack shoots the Asian a stolid expression, his level of disinterest was as obvious as Hades in a church .

" tempting, but no...the last guards that disobeyed lord Hades were never seen or heard of again.....do you know the werewolf brothers, Fernando and Byrne ? ", Jack queries and dusts his dark leather uniform.

Zein pounders for some seconds before shaking his head, " no, I don't think so ".

" my point exactly...departing would be unwise ", Jack snorts then scratches his shaggy blonde hair, he notices Zein's brief flinch.

" I never said we'd leave forever, it's just a little break...you know today is the half year festival ", Zein muses further, putting on an beseeching smile.

" still no....you can go if you want, I didn't even know what there to celebrate...we're dead after all ", Jack coldly says and looks at the pale skin on his hand, ignoring his friend's sad moans.

" ugh, fine....just cause we dead doesn't mean our emotions are too, you know ", Zein loudly groans and kicks Styx's metal fence , But the blonde's attention remaining glued to his appendage ," since, we aren't going to be free for like another month...sooo you wonna play a game...Just one ", he asks in an almost pleading tone, Jack sighs and slowly pivots his head to the beaming boy .