Chapter 2: The Struggle

Aubrey's POV

I've been stressing out so much. Jacob isn't paying child support, my car keeps breaking down, and I keep being late picking up Sabrina and being late to work. Man, this is killing me.

I got off of work and rushed to my car. I knew I was going to be late picking Sabrina up again. As I was walking to my car, I ran into someone.

"Ooh, I'm sorry," he said. "It's ok," I said as I continued walking to my car. I got inside my car and started it up.

It wouldn't start. "No, no. Come on." After my second time, it finally started. "Oh, thank God," I said looking up in the sky. I pulled out of the parking lot and drove to her school.

The Guy's POV

I ran into a girl and she was... really pretty. She had long braids, light skin, slim thick... She was perfect... but she looked like she was going through somethings. She looked like she was exhausted.

I watched her get into her car and tried to start it up. She said something like she was frustrated. Then she started her car up again then put her hands together. I think she said thank God. Then she pulled off.

Aubrey's POV

~ 10 Minutes Later ~

I parked in the parking lot and saw Sabrina and her teacher sitting on the steps. Great. Now I know her teacher is gonna say something.

"Hello, Ms. Martinez," her teacher greeted. "Hi, Mrs. Thompson," I said as I grabbed Sabrina's hand. "Hi, mommy." "Hey, baby girl." I bent down and kissed her forehead. "Wait in the car, ok?" "Ok," she smiled and walked to the car.

"Um, Ms. Martinez, I've been noticing that you've been late picking up Sabrina." I sighed. "Look, I don't mean to. It's just my car keeps breaking down and it's a lot going on right now," I explain.

"Well, is her father there to help?" She asked. "Won't even pay child support," I said. "Wow, well I'm sorry to here that, but I have no problem staying with Sabrina until you get off of work," she smiled. "Oh, thank you so much," I said as I shook her hand.

"Oh, no problem," she smiled. I smiled back and walked away. "Bye, Mrs. Thompson!" Sabrina yelled while getting in the car. "Bye, my little pumpkin!" She yelled back. Sabrina giggled and sat in her car seat. I began to strap her in.

"How was school?" I asked. "Good! I got a gold star!" She said. I gasped. "That's very good! You know what? Mommy's gonna buy you a Happy Meal from McDonald's!" I said rubbing my nose on hers. She gasped. "Really?!" "Yup! We're gonna go right now!" "Yay!" She yelled. I laughed.

I started up the car and drove to McDonald's. I went through the drive through and order Sabrina her Happy Meal and me a burger, fries and a drink. When I got out food, I drove home.

I pulled up on the side of the street next to our apartment and got out the car. I opened the door on Sabrina's side and took her out of the car seat. She jumped out the car and ran to the door. I smiled.

I walked to the door and put the key in the door. I twisted the key then opened the door and then we walked inside. Once we were inside, I locked the door behind then we sat down on the couch and ate out food.

"Mommy?" Sabrina said. "Yes, sweetie?" "When is Daddy coming home?" I sighed. I hate when she asked me that because I know he's not coming back and I don't wanna keep lying to her.

"Well, Daddy is busy with work but he'll come see you soon... I promise..." I said. "Ok," she smiled as she continued eating her food. I hope he does see her soon.

Awe, poor Aubrey. She's struggling so bad to take care of Sabrina. Will Jacob ever come to see his daughter? Find out in the next chapter!

~KiKi 😍💋💕