Chapter 5: Asking Her Out

Ej's POV

I think I'm gonna ask Aubrey out on a date. I mean, she's nice, sweet on the inside, tough on the outside, but she's perfect. I know she has somethings going on but I have no problem helping her with them.

To be honest, I really don't like her baby daddy. What was his name? Jacob? Yeah, well, that's pretty disrespectful to have all those women around Sabrina. Now what if Aubrey did that? Then it would be a problem.

Anyway, enough about him. I really like Aubrey and I love Sabrina. She's so adorable and cute. I'll treat her as my daughter if I wanted to.

I unlocked my phone and went to my messages. I clicked on Aubrey's name and texted her. "Hey. Can I call you?" I typed. After that, I clicked on the Send button and waited for her to reply.

A few minutes later, she texted me back.

Aubrey 😍💞💎: sure go ahead 😊

I smiled at her texted then called her. Well, here goes nothing.

"Hello?" She said. "Hey. How you doing?" I asked. She giggled. "I'm good. How about yourself?" I chuckled. "I'm good. I'm good."

"So um, I got good news," she said excitedly. "What?" "Well, you remember when I started working more hours at work?" "Yeah." "Well, they're giving me a raise and my boss is personally giving me $500 for Sabrina!"

"Wow. That's great!" "I know. I've been praying and praying that some money would come in. Man, God is good," she said. "All the time," I finished her sentence. She laughed.

"So um... Ok, I'm really nervous to ask you this so..." She cut me off. "Just go ahead and say it, Ej." I took a deep breath. "Aubrey, would you do me the honor of going out on a date with me?"

She held the phone. It was so quiet, I could hear her breathing. "Aubrey?" "Yeah, um sorry," she said. "It's ok. So would you like to go out on a date with me?" I asked again.

"Um..." "I mean if you don't want to then I'm not gonna pressure you into doing something you don't wanna do. I can respect that."

Aubrey's POV

Should I go out with him? I mean he is a nice guy but... Ugh! I don't know what to do!

☁️ Flashback ☁️

"Well, you gotta go out with him," she said. "What? No, I don't even know him," I rolled my eyes. "Um, that's what dates are for. To get to know him. Duh." I smiled a little.

"You know you want to," she said as she elbowed me on my arm.

☁️ Flashback Over ☁️

"You still there?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm here..." "I mean, like I said before, you don't have to if you don't want to," he said sounding kinda sad.

Aubrey, just try it. I took a deep breath. "Sure," I finally said. "What?" He said. "I'll go on a date with you," I said. "Aubrey, don't do this if you don't want to." "Elijah, I'm serious. I want to," I said laughing.

"Oh, well... That's great... Um, when do you wanna go?" He asked. I giggled. "Uhm... I don't know... Saturday?" "Yeah, that sounds good," he said. "Ok, see you Saturday night?" I said.

"You know it. Oh, where do you wanna go?" He asked. "I don't know. Surprise me," I said smiling. "Ok, well uh, I'll talk to you later," he said. "Alright... Bye." "Bye." And with that, we hung up. Wait until Aleisha hears about this.

Well, well, well. Aubrey is finally letting Ej take her out on a date. What will happen during their date? Find out in the next chapter!

~ KiKi 😍💋💕