Chapter 7: Eviction

Aubrey's POV

~ 1 Month Later ~

Ever since my date with Elijah, we've began closer. No, we're not dating but I wanna take things slow and I think he understands that.

And I have some bad news, my landlord sent me a letter about me getting evicted. If I don't pay rent by tonight, I'll get evicted. I haven't told anybody yet because I don't want people to worry about it.

A few minutes of thinking about what I'm gonna do, I got a phone call from Elijah. I really didn't feel like being bothered with him, so I declined his call.

Ej's POV

Nope, I'm going over there. I wonder what's wrong. She never declined none of my calls before so why did she do it this time.

It better not have been Jacob. I really don't like him. It seems like women always falls for the players. But if it wasn't for him, Sabrina wouldn't be here and she is the cutest thing ever.

I drove over to Aubrey's and it only took less than five minutes. I parked my car in the driveway behind her car and jogged over to her door. I knocked on the door.

No answer.

I knocked again then I called her name. "Aubrey! It's Ej! Open up!" I yelled for her to hear me.

Aubrey's POV

I was hoping he wouldn't come over here. "Aubrey! It's Ej! Open up!" I heard him yell from the door. I sighed and got off of the couch. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hey," I said letting him in. He closed the door behind him, locking it. "Why did you ignore my call?" He asked. I didn't say anything. I just sat back down on the couch.

He sat down next to me and looked at me concern. "What's wrong?" I looked at him then looked down. "Nothing." "Come on, Bre. You can tell me," he said.

I sighed deeply. "If I tell you, promise me you won't freak out," I said. "I promise," he said. "Ok, well... I got an eviction notice today. I haven't paid my rent in 2 months. I've been running low on cash. If I don't pay the money by tonight, I'll get evicted."

I looked up at him and he was just staring at me. He didn't know what to do or say, and either did I. "So, what are you gonna do?" He asked. "I have no idea," I said putting my face in my hands.

He felt his hand going up and down on my back. It's gonna be alright," he said. I began to cry. "No, don't do that," he said as he pulled me into a hug. I cried harder.

Elijah's POV

I think I have an idea. "Aubrey?" I said as I pulled away but in letting her go. "Yes?" She said as she looked up at me with teary eyes. "Don't worry about the eviction. I'll handle it," I said. "How?" She asked. "You'll see," I said smiling.

She looked at me as if I was crazy. I laughed and I wiped her tears that was on her cheeks. She smiled. I smiled back.

We pulled away from our hugged and we stood up together. "Get your jacket and Sabrina's. We're going for a ride."

What do you think Ej's planning? Will Aubrey pay her rent on time? Find out in the next chapter!

~ KiKi 😍💋💞