Chapter 3: Meeting Him

Aubrey's POV

I finally got my pay check today. It wasn't much but it was enough to but Sabrina a new outfit and some food.

I called Jacob to ask him if he was coming to Sabrina's birthday dinner that's in a couple weeks and he didn't answer like always.

Right now, Sabrina is at Aleisha's house and I'm at Walmart to buy some food and a cute little outfit for Sabrina.

I was in the cereal aisle getting Sabrina's favorite cereal... Honey Nut Cheerios. Oh, God. She loves that cereal. I smile at the thought of her eating that cereal.

Now I need milk. I turned around and bumped into someone, dropping the cereal. "Oh, sorry," he said. "No. It's fin-" I stopped. I stared at him. He was about 6'0, blackish-brownish short hair, dark brown eyes, brown skin, big plum lips... Wow...

"Uhm... You ok?" He chuckled. "Huh?.. Oh, yeah. I'm fine," I smiled nervously as I picked up the cereal. He flashed his bright smile at me, making me melt inside... But I can't show him that I think him attractive.

"So, what's your name?" He said smiling at me. "Why do you wanna know?" I asked rudely. "Just making conversation." I rolled my eyes then looked at him. "What's yours?"

He chuckled. "I'm Elijah or Ej for short." I nodded my head. "Well, are you gonna tell me yours or what?" I looked at him and slightly smiled. "Aubrey," I finally said.

"That's a pretty name. It fits you," he smiled. I raised my eyebrows and nodded my head. He just stared down at me and I looked around then back at him.

"You ok?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." "Then why are you staring at me?" I asked even though I had no problem with that. "Because you're beautiful," he said. I scoffed. "Yeah, ok."

He was about to say something but he couldn't because my phone was ringing. Hmm... Jacob... That's a shocker.

"Hello?" I said looking at Ej, whispering him to hold on. "You called?" He asked with an attitude. "Yes, I was just calling because it's your daughter's six birthday in 2 weeks and she would like you to come to her birthday dinner," I said with an attitude right back. He sighed irritatingly.

"Why do I need to be there? She got you," he said. "Because she misses you. Duh. And on top of that, you haven't came to one birthday party," I rolled my eyes. "Why do I have a feeling you just want me to go so you can ask me to date you again?"

I made a stank face. "You know I don't want you. All I want from you is to spend time with your daughter," I said getting angry. "Whatever, bye."

He hung up on me. I sighed deeply. "Uhm, you ok?" I looked up at Ej. I sighed again. "Yeah, just baby daddy drama. That's all." "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," he said. "Oh, it's ok... I'm dealing with it," I said as I looked down. "You shouldn't have to." I looked back up at him.

"Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?" I asked. "Yeah, we bumped into each other the other day in the parking lot of Foot Locker," he said reminding me. "Oh, yeah. I remember now," I giggled. He smiled as he scratched his head and raised his eyebrows. Oh, Jesus fix it.

"Well, um, I gotta go. My daughter is waiting for me," I said walking away. "Wait," he said as he gently grabbed my arm. I looked at my arm then him.

"Uhm, do you mind if I have your number?" I raised an eyebrow. "Just... If you need anything or just to talk me.. Just call." I gave him a small smile. "No," I said plainly. "No?" He questioned. "But I'll take yours," I said as I looked around then at him. He smiled at me.

We exchanged numbers. "So I'll see you later," I said. "Aight," he smiled as he walked away. I smiled really hard when I walked away.

~ At Aleisha's House ~

I walked up to the front door and knocked. "Who is it?" Aleisha said. "Your sister," I giggled. "Alright," she said as she opened the door. "Hey, girl." "Hey," I greeted back. "Mommy!" Sabrina yelled and jumped on me. "Hi, baby!" I said as I caught her and I kissed her forehead.

"Girl, what took you so long?" Aleisha asked. "Oh, some guy was talking to me at the store." "Wait, what?! No, you gotta tell me everything," she said excitedly. "Ok, ok, calm down," I said as I put Sabrina down.

"Pumpkin, can you go in the dining room for a minute?" "Ok, mommy," she said as she ran to the dining room. I smiled. "So what happened?" "Well..."

( I don't feel like typing they convo )

"What?" She said in her ghetto voice. I laughed. "Yeah, so." "Well, you gotta go out with him," she said. "What? No, I don't even know him," I rolled my eyes. "Um, that's what dates are for. To get to know him. Duh." I smiled a little.

"You know you want to," she said as she elbowed me on my arm. I giggled. Maybe I will call him. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to date yet. I just don't want to get hurt again.

Well, then. Ej is a sweet heart, huh? And Jacob is something else. Will Jacob come to Sabrina's birthday dinner? Will Ej and Aubrey go on a date? Find out in the next chapter!

~KiKi 😍💋💞