Chapter 4: Is He Coming Back?

Aubrey's POV

~ 2 Weeks Later ~

Sabrina's birthday is today and she's really excited but Jacob isn't coming. I called him again and he didn't answer. Then I texted him and he finally said something back. He said, I'm not coming so stop bugging me.

I was like are you kidding me. But we're going to her favorite restaurant, which is, Applebee's! It's my favorite restaurant too.

Me and Elijah have been really hitting it off. I mean, he's nice, sweet, funny, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to date yet. I'm just not ready.

After I picked out my outfit and Sabrina's outfit for tonight, Ej called me. I smiled at his contact picture then I answered it.

"Hello?" "Hey, um, today's Sabrina's birthday, right?" I giggled. "Yes, sir. It is." He chuckled. "Alright, alright. Where is she?" "Right here. She's watching tv," I said. "Sofia the First?"

I laughed. "How'd you know?" He laughed. "Just hush and put your phone on speaker." "Aye, don't tell me what to do," I fought a smile. "Just do it. That's why you laughing," he chuckled.

I giggled again then put my phone on speaker. "It's on speaker," I said letting him know. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY LITTLE CUPCAKE!" He yelled. Sabrina screamed and jumped. I was cracking up.

"What was that?!" She yelled. I was still laughing. "Mommy!" She yelled again. "Ok, ok. I'm done," I giggled. "Um, Ej?" I said still giggling. "What?" He said all confused. "You scared her so... say Happy Birthday like a normal person," I giggled.

He chuckled. "Ok. Happy Birthday, my little Cupcake." "Thank you Elijah!" She yelled through the phone. I giggled. "Ok, go get ready. We have to get to Applebee's by 7." "Yay! Applebee's!" She yelled as she ran upstairs.

"So what are you doing today?" I asked. "Um, nothing much, but I am bringing Sabrina a little present," he said. "Ooh. What is it?" I asked. "You'll see," he smirked. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

~ Later That Day ~

"Sabrina! Come on! We gotta go!" I said as I yelled upstairs. "I'm coming mommy!" She said she ran down the steps. "Well, look at you!" I said smiling. She giggled. "What? This old thing," she fanned her hand at me. I laughed. "Come on."

~ At Applebee's ~

"What would you like to drink?" The waiter asked. "A raspberry lemonade for me and a fruit punch for the birthday girl," I told him. "Birthday, huh? How old are you?" He asked. "Six!" She held up seven fingers.

I giggled and put one of her fingers down to make six. He laughed. "Ok, I'll be back with those drinks," he said as he walked away.

I was looking at the menu and all of a sudden, I saw Jacob... with a girl... Oh, God. Here we go.

"Hello, ladies," he said

"Hello, ladies," he said. Sabrina looked up and jumped on Jacob. "Daddy!" She yelled. "Hey, baby girl! Happy birthday!" He said as he held her. "Thank you."

I looked at him. "Thank you for coming." "I didn't do it for you. I did it for Sabrina," he said as he put her down. "That's what I wanted," I said staring at him angrily. "Yeah, ok," he said.

I looked at the girl he brung. "So, who's this?" I asked looking at her. "My GIRLFRIEND, Ashely," he smirked. "Nice to meet you," I said. She looked at me up and down and rolled her eyes.

I scoffed and mumbled, "Wow." I looked at the door and saw Ej walking inside. I smiled. "Hey, Ej! Over here!" I said getting his attention. He looked at me and smiled.

He walked over to our table. "Hey," he said. "Hey, E," I smiled. "Elijah!" She yelled. She pushed Jacob out of the way and hugged Ej. Ej picked her up and hugged her. "Hey, little cupcake!" She giggled.

"Aye, aye! Who is this dude?" Jacob asked rudely. "A friend of mind. Why?" I said with an attitude. "I don't want random dudes around my daughter," he said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, really? Well, you've brung a lot of girls around our daughter like uhm... Brittany, Taylor, Carla, Justice, Mia, Emma, Reagan, and worst of all, Sheneneh."

Ej snickered. Jacob was heated. "Now, E is the only man that has been around Sabrina and you've brung way too many around her so you need to stop."

"Come on, let's go, Renee," he said walking towards the door. "It's Ashley!" She yelled. "Whatever, come on!" And with that, they left. "Wait, daddy!" Sabrina yelled.

She sat down with watery eyes. "Awe, pumpkin. Don't cry. It's gonna be ok. And Elijah has a present for you," I said trying to make her feel better. "Really?" She looked up at Ej.

He pulled out a toy rabbit of Clover from Sofia the First. "Happy birthday," he said handing it to her.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you Elijah!" She said as she grabbed it and hugged him

"Oh my gosh! Thank you Elijah!" She said as she grabbed it and hugged him. "You're welcome, cupcake." I smiled.

He looked at me. "Thank you," I said to him. "No problem. Mind if I join you?" He asked. "No, not at all," I smiled while I scooting over so he could sit down next to me.

"Mommy?" Sabrina said. "Yes, sweetie." "Daddy's coming back, right?" She said. I looked at Ej then looked at her. "No, he uhm... Has to go to work, but he'll see you again," I smiled. She looked down. "Ok, that's too bad for him," I said. "Why?" "More cake for me!" We all laughed.

Dang. Jacob is so cocky. Even though Sabrina didn't like her dad leaving, she still put a smile on her face. Wanna know what happens next? Read the next chapter to find out!

~ KiKi 😍💋💕