Chapter 2: The Book

[Previously:]

Growling all together, we jumped into action... Everyone in the guild prepares for a big blow-out with screams and cheers.

"Ice-make: HAMMER!!"

"Fire dragon... ROAR!!"

"Iron dragon... FIST!!"

The familiar sound of gramps crying in the background reached my ears, the old man shouting about us, brats, destroying the new guild—It wouldn't be Fairy Tail or home without a good fight, my eyes narrowing as a smirk broke out seeing my opponents.

'Now is not the time to get off focus...'

I grinned, determination shining in my eyes to win this fight, my hands lighting on fire in a familiar fashion as Gray and Gajeel teamed up against me. Honestly it felt like that time in the Grand Magic Games, a chuckle breaking out as I showed off my sharp canines. "Ha, now I'm all fired up!"

~

(Lucy POV.)

"H-Hey... W-Where are we even going?" I asked, stopping Levy from dragging me further as we wanted to catch our breath. Levy shaking her head, smiling and pointing to a large building that was uphill, "Why Fairy Hills, of course! The book is back in my dorm—Plus, that way Gajeel or Natsu won't spy on us... Remember? No boys allowed." Levy giggled and I couldn't help but join, not wanting to dim the mood by explaining that kind of rule wouldn't keep Natsu out if he actually wanted to tag along.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Running toward the hills once more, I started asking questions about this mysterious book, "So Levy-chan, what is the title of the book and where did you get it?" My curiosity in getting the best of me as a writer and book lover was overwhelmed for answers. "The book is called 'Dragon Slayer Mating Season'! Team Shadow Gear got it on our mission... You see it paid 100,000J, with an old limited-edition book! There is only one of these books in all of Fiore!! You know how I'm a big bookworm for knowledge Lu."

'Mating season...? What's that all about, and why do I get the feeling something bigger is in that book?' I frowned in thought, only snapping out of it when finally arriving at Fairy's dorm. The two of us walked inside and up the stairs where Levy's room is. "It's so quiet," I mumbled, hearing no sound of anyone around as Levy stops to fidget with her keys to open her dorm.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone is on a mission or partying like there's no tomorrow. That's our guild for yuh!" Levy laughed, bursting the door open as I smiled to myself. 'I wouldn't have the guild any other way...' Walking into the room, I shut the door after Levy and locked it. Giggling when Levy nearly tripped over her stack of books to get toward her bed. "Grab the book, it's over there on my desk!"

Throwing the worn-out book on the bed, Levy faced it by laying on her stomach as I jumped in right next to her. Both our feet swinging back and forth from behind, not being able to stay still from our excitement as we propped ourselves up to look down at the mysterious book. "Okay, let's get started Levy-chan! I have a feeling this is going to take a while to read."

Levy's eyes turned playful as she nodded with a serious expression, "Right Lu-chan! Okay, I'll read it—Oh mavis, I'm so excited to read what's in this book!" I laugh at my best friend's behavior, watching Levy open to the first page of introductions.

"Alright, so it says... If you're reading this, I can't tell you who I am, but I will explain everything involving the 'Dragon Slayer Mating Season'. This comes around autumn, on the first day of October—October...? Quick Lu-chan, check the calendar to see what day it is!"