Chapter 19: Fairies V.S Demons

[Previously:]

Blinking her tears away, Carla's whole body shook. "Carla...?" Through a blurry of teary eyes, Carla saw Happy staring in concern. Soon enough, the Exceed ran into the embrace of the tom-cat and cried her eyes out. 'Those visions... I hope we can stop the first one, no, I know we will! But... do we even have a chance to change the second, or is it fate?'

~

(Normal POV.)

Everyone was on the ship, heading back to the guild as earliest as possible—Carla explained her vision as the guilds boarded, no one hesitating to change into their regular clothes for battle. The exception, the white cat, refused to tell anyone but Makarov and Mavis about the second vision. Now, there were faces full of determination... Fairy Tail refuses to lose a member of their family tomorrow, or today!

Makarov was steering the ship back to Hargeon, while Juvia helped move the waves of the ocean to make the ship run faster... Even Levy and Freed made enchantments for speed. Mavis disappeared once Carla informed her of the visions, and Wendy casted Troia on all the dragon slayers, so they could relax on the boat without getting motion sickness—Despite it being early in the morning and dark outside, no one could sleep but that didn't mean they didn't try... Silence in the air, Carla sitting upon the horizontal-pole that kept the sails up.

The Exceed stared off into the ocean, not noticing Happy had flown to sit beside her, "Carla?" Upon hearing a new presence, she jumped... Startled, only to relax to see it was just Happy. "Oh! Tom-Cat, it's just you... What do you want? I wish to be alone," Carla scoffed, upturning her nose in a rude fashion to try and sound normal.

Yet, Happy saw through the façade... Ever since Edolas, he's understood her more. Frowning, Happy glanced down where Natsu and Lucy were, "I know you don't actually want to be alone... You only had Wendy, with Cait Shelter—Now, you have all of us! Your vision won't come true, and you won't lose another family." Glancing at the sunrise, Happy beamed, "Aye, I promise it won't because we won't let it! Me... Natsu... Lucy. We're like a family too and we still have adventures to go on—We're Fairy Tail! We protect our own, so we'll definitely change the outcome of your vision!!" The blue Exceed finished, fist pumped in the air with determination.

Carla's cheeks tinted a slight pink, turning away so Happy wouldn't notice—She hasn't seen him this determined since Edolas. Admiration flowed through her, and while Carla still had a bad feeling, she wasn't gonna let that stop her from protecting the ones she loved.

"Get ready, children! We're about to board the docks so move it!! We have a guild to reach as soon as possible."

Everybody left their luggage on the boat, running to the station... Fairy Tail plans to hijack a train and deal with the Magic Council later. Well, everyone, except Jellal and Meredy. The two had snuck off without being notice—When arriving at the train station, panic arose when seeing they missed the last train to Magnolia, and it's not like there were extras lying about. Erza growled in frustration, punching the closest thing nearby... Who happened to be Sting, sending the white dragon slayer to Rogue, who stepped aside to make him crash into a tree instead. "We cannot afford to wait! We shall run until our very last breath; No harm will come to our—Wait... WHERE IS JELLAL AND MEREDY?!"

Looking around, no one could find them, "They've become cowards..." Erza shook, fist clenched as a dark aura surrounded her that kept growing more intense. Everyone flinched when her piercing glare was directed at them, stepping back in caution. "Well?! WHAT ARE YOU ALL WAITING FOR! GET TO RUNNING!!" Erza shouted, storming ahead in the direction where Magnolia was.

Everybody sweatdropped, even Master when her attitude changed, "Geez, bipolar much..." Gray muttered, losing his shirt. "I HEARD THAT!!" Wincing, everyone started to run and catch up to the scarlet mage, not wanting to feel the wrath of her sword.