Chapter 18: Vision

[Previously:]

The three dragon slayers carefully put their mates down so the girls could rest and eat, before grabbing Orga and throwing him to Wendy. The young dragon slayer side-eyeing the broken man, deciding to drag him to the infirmary tent for treatment.

Everyone was afraid to make the tension worse, Makarov coughing in his hand awkwardly as Mavis's ears twitched in excitement. Mirajane cut the silence, smiling sweetly, "So, what's for lunch?"

After a while, everything turned back to normal... Even Ichiya made it back to camp. Everybody was eating, resting, or getting treated for their injuries. Makarov waited patiently to question how their training went and wanted to discuss their battle strategy.

~

(Master Makarov POV.)

I watched my children interact with one another, seeming carefree, despite the knowledge a war was approaching. Sighing, 'The damn Magic Council is going to have my head... Unless we can do this without breaking anything—Pshh, yeah, like that's gonna happen. Damn brats!'

However, I am a little fearful of what the First-Master explained this morning.

~Flashback~

The First-Master pulled me from everybody, out of complete earshot, especially from the dragon slayers—With the expression she had, it must've been life or death.

When far enough, Mavis turned, eyes narrowed in seriousness, "I got information about the upcoming war that is to happen."

The news had me turning serious too, Mavis continuing to speak, "Since I am technically a spirit, I don't require sleep, so I stayed up to watch and guard in case someone or an animal were to attack—Zeref visited... Do not give me that look Makarov, he did not do anything. He... He didn't even know about the war." The thought shocked me... Zeref not knowing about the war? How could he not? Isn't he helping Lisanna!

"Sixth Master... The demons are using Lisanna as a part of their goal to wake up E.N.D!" Mavis exclaimed.

A course of emotion went through me from anger, confusion, worry and fear, "Waking up E.N.D?! That will be the destruction of all mankind! How did they even find out who he is? They weren't ever supposed to know... What is Lisanna thinking?!" I took a deep breath, calming down as Mavis mumbled, completely troubled, "You and I are both aware who the real E.N.D is, and what he is capable if awaken—If things were to turn south during this war... She is the ONLY one that can save us."

My eyes widened, "You don't mean—But First, she doesn't even know herself or what she is truly capable of... Her powers aren't even unlocked! What if—" Mavis raised a small hand, the action making me immediately stop talking. "I know, but this is our only chance... The calculations around it... Well let's say it's inevitable," We both glanced at Natsu and Lucy as the two laughed, "We must have fate that her power will unlock before its too late. She is the only one that can stop him..."

.

.

.

.

.

"The Dragon Princess."

~Flashback Ended~

Shaking my head, I dismissed the memory and stood from my seat, Mavis giving a nod of approval—Clearing my throat to try and gain the attention of everyone... It didn't work. I could hear Mavis giggling as I sent her a quick glare before doing it again. Nothing. Soon enough, the First-Master was full blown laughing as anger built up inside that had me growing to my giant form. Voice changed into a darker and scarier tone, "LISTEN UP BRATS!!" I yelled, the island shaking.