Artemis

Until I can possibly make one of my own, check above for the theme song for the book! It's called Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men.
~~~

"Ow ow ow ow ow!"

"Stop figetin!" Replied a muffled voice.

"You're hurting my tail!"

Artemis stared at the scene before her and sighed. "Is this really necessary?"

"Yes!" Yelled a second voice from below. "It isn't a party without-"

"Gluwin flowers, w' know." Seaglass pulled back on the rope that was in his mouth, fixing his talons that were holding it in place as well. He was currently halfway at the edge of a nearby cliff, his back talons digging into the dirt and his powerful tail wrapped around a nearby tree for support in holding the rope.

She rolled her blue eyes, feeling irritation prick her scales. "Like I've told you already, why not just fly down there and get them? Imagine how much easier it'd be."

Apollo, who was at the end of Seaglass's rope, hollered again. "The winds are too dangerous! Trust me though, I've hung like this tons of times, it's tooooooootally safe."

"Ha!" Says Seaglass. "Yur definiton of safe is far from ours." He pulls back on the rope as he says this, making Apollo squeak and gather flowers faster. The Seawing was most likely referring to Apollo's most recent thieving adventure, which nearly cost him two talons and his head.

That is not to be spoken of.

The warm water crashed against the jutting cliff, making clear ocean around them fall in droplets like diamonds. They were sent to the very edge of the east section of the Rogue territory, this part was bordered by the ocean. Geode told them about rare flowers that grow on the cliffside, ones that glow in moonlight. They usually use these to aid in lighting their parties. Although according to Seaglass and Apollo's description of their safe haven at night, she highly doubted they were needed.

Since Artemis has never been to one of these, or any party in general, so she just went with it. But she had to admit, if they were going through this much trouble to get a few dozen flowers and they weren't as great as expected, she'd be unhappy.

"You done yet?" She looked over the edge of the cliff at Apollo, chuckling at the sight before her. He had his head stuck in a hollow pocket in the stone they were standing on, with a bulging bag over his neck, he was slowly but surely reaching deep inside the pocket to pull out bunches of small, multicolored flowers. Then shoving them in any open space provided in his bag.

Suddenly, Seaglass stumbled and the wind whipped past them in a fiercer frenzy. Apollo was dropped for a couple of heartbeats before being caught again. The swaying Nightwing's face was tinted green as he looked up at Artemis, giving her a thumbs up. "Ye-p." He hiccuped.

~~~~~~~~

The sun was setting.

Artemis knew most sunsets were pretty back at home. But she's never experienced one here. Imagine a blank canvas. Okay? It's like someone took buckets of indigo paint and tossed them up at that, leaving it speckled. Filling in blank places with lighter paint that somehow melted into each color. Leaving a mixed, yet beautiful effect. The sky was a haze of gold, orange, yellow, violet, magenta, red and indigo. It shouldn't have worked, but it did anyway. The faint outline of stars could be seen on the horizon, the indigo leading to a black sky.