Seaglass

"You good?"

"Huh?" The Seawing glanced up from going through his bag, and he realized how tense his wings were. He had been thinking to himself, his thoughts rapidly running over Solar and the big fight that was to come- as well as the fact he was alone with Snowfall.

That was the most unnerving thing so far.

"I'm fine." Seaglass says, totally not fine as he flicked his tail and grabbed the canteen of water he had been searching for. Snowfall was quiet as he drank, the Icewing having his eyes on the darkening sky. "How long do you think it'll be?" Says Seaglass, referring to when they would arrive at the Stone Kingdom. He and the Icewing had been flying non stop over the ocean since that morning, just recently coming across land.

"At least another day." Snowfall sighed, sitting down under the trees that hung over them in their hastily set up camp. They had found a rather large cluster of those odd purple trees, more of the clusters scattered across the nearly black soil and short grass. Setting up camp under the biggest tree, they immediately collapsed in exhaustion.

"I wonder how everyone else is doing." Seaglass says, catching Snowfall's eyes. The Icewing turned a darker blue and looked away.

"They're fine, I can tell." Snowfall responds, Seaglass snorting at this.

"You said that back at the Academy when that poor Mudwing got that weird ink spilled on him." He mimicked Snowfall's voice. "He's fine, I can tell." He switched back to his normal way of speaking. "Now the scales up to his ankles are permanently blue. Sorry, but I don't think I trust your judgement."

Snowfall just stared at his talons, giggling. "Oh, I forgot about that."

"You forgot about that?" Seaglass cried, looking offended. "But that art class was where we became besties! I can't believe you."

Snowfall laughed even harder as Seaglass stumbled over to him. "Besties?"

"What, are we not besties now or something?" Seaglass demanded, secretly exhilarated he had gotten Snowfall to join in on a lighthearted conversation.

"You got rid of your bandages." Snowfall noted, his blue eyes narrowed at Seaglass. Scooting a little closer, the Seawing flapped his wings.

"Don't change the subject."

"I guess we're besties." Snowfall finally said, rolling his eyes. But this left the Seawing confused. The enthusiasm in his voice didn't match is expression.

"Do you know how to start a fire?" He asked him hopefully, Snowfall arching his brows at this.

"Keep in mind you're talking to an Icewing here." Snowfall said, getting to his feet. "But yeah, I had to do it once our twice on our little adventure. Come with me to go get some sticks or whatever."

"I'm good right here, see, I'm quite too lazy for that." He said cheerfully as he began to lay down. But Snowfall wasn't having any of it. The Icewing just stomped over to him and hauled him back to his feet, the bands around his wrists even colder than his scales as they brushed against Seaglass's talons. Snowfall and Seaglass were uncomfortably close.

"Come on." Snowfall urged, turning from the tired Seaglass as he sighed and began to walk into the center of the trees.