Mamba

The Rainwing lifted her head as she talked to the Queen, unable to stop the flow of colors that came and went through her scales.

She and Mudpuddle had been discussing the Rogues, and their need for Allies, as well as Solar's planned attack on the Crystalwings.

Diamond sat and contemplated their requests, no longer on her mound of treasure, but sitting with her wings pressed to the ground.

"Amethyst." She suddenly called, and Mamba watched in surprise as the sleek purple dragoness turned around the corner, into the Queen's room.

"Yes, mother?" She responded, blinking her eyes in obvious distaste over at Mamba and Mudpuddle.

"Send for my generals at once." Diamond said, nodding firmly.

Amethyst merely nodded in response and backed out of the room, and Mamba listed to the breeze of her wings opening and her taking into the air.

"Thank you, Diamond." Mamba said honestly.

"I'll send them back with you." She said. "For an escort and to exchange battle plans until I am able to arrive with the army." The Queen touched the strand of emeralds along her neck, a shiver of what Mamba guessed to be anticipation.

"We'll end this, Diamond. Once and for all." Mamba assured her.

Diamond spread her wings a little bit, light bouncing off the gems in her scales. "I hope you're right. This is the last chance my kingdom and I have. If your friends vision was real, if Solar is not stopped, we will all be destroyed."

"We won't let that happen." Mamba said, narrowing her eyes. Mudpuddle strengthened her stance.

"You're awfully brave for a bunch of dragonets.." Diamond tilted her head at them, a bit of regonition sparkling in the depths of her blue eyes. "I respect that."

Mamba lowered her head and spread out her wings, Mudpuddle doing the same, but Diamond just waved her talons and brushed her wings against their own.

Her talons rested on each of their shoulders, and the gem studded Queen had a slight smile to her face. "If you ask the other tribes, I'm not fit to be Queen. And sometimes, I would agree. But you've given me a confidence in myself again." She lifted both of their heads. "I hope we can continue to be allies beyond this war."

"You're a good Queen, Diamond." Mudpuddle said, and she drew back her wings and talons.

"Thank you."

Amethyst arrived back in the throne room, with three large dragons trailing behind her.

The first was a heavily built female, with russet scales that had traces of dark aquamarine and carnelian throughout them.

The second was a slimmer female, with a sharp, snake-like head with light lavender scales. They had small, paler rings and speckles throughout. The final was a deeply scarred male, his scales being a washed out shade of green and pale olive.

"These are my generals." Diamond announced to Mamba and Mudpuddle. "Heliotrope, Chalcedony and Hiddenite. They will be going back to the Rogues with you."

Chalcedony turned her pale pink eyes over Mamba and Mudpuddle, a bit of a scowl curling onto her face. Mamba gained a dislike for her immediatley.

"Rest up and gather your supplies before you leave." Diamond said, nodding at the two. "I need to talk with my generals privately."

"I'm going to go see if I can find Aventurine." Mudpuddle murmured, and Mamba nodded and watched her Mudwing friend disappear out of the throne room.

Mamba figured she would fly around the mining caverns, and explore the kingdom a little bit. She wondered where she could get some food around here..