Snowfall

Things with Bat went...surprisingly well. The Queen, of course, was crippled for life. Snowfall would never forget it. Word was that she would be officially transferring down the throne to one of her daughters after the war was over. Snowfall hoped it was Shatter. She seemed quite stable and capable for the throne. He was glad that the transfer wouldn't end in bloodshed, however, the heirs were level headed enough to realize it wasn't worth it to fight, unlike three other sisters he knew of all too well.

Right now the queen was unable to lead her soldiers in the fight against Solar, so her three daughters teamed up to control the army. Shatter sent Glow, her youngest sister, with Snowfall and Seaglass. They arrived back at the Twin Islands, and Snowfall was so relieved to finally leave the dark and rough terrain of the Stone Kingdom.

The others welcomed them back with open arms, but he couldn't help but be excited for other reasons.

"So you two are official?" Tempest prompted, and Snowfall, embarrassed, flattened his ears.

"Yes, now quit squawking about it. It's not a big deal."

"It's a big deal to us!" She flapped her wings, squealing a bit and hugging him. "I'm so glad you guys finally confessed. It was awful seeing you both so oblivious to one another."

Mamba grinned at him deviously, and Snowfall rolled his eyes. He glanced away to look at Seaglass, the Seawing chatting away with Flare and a few other dragons he didn't know. He allowed a smile to briefly slip onto his face before turning back to the others, now serious.

"So no word from Artemis or Apollo?"

"Unfortunately, no." Potent said, and Mudpuddle nervously shuffled beside him and Tempest.

"I don't understand what could be holding them up for this long." Snowfall said and furrowed his brow. "It's strange. It isn't like either of them, and with the eclipse being in a day, you would think they'd be flying back as fast as they could by now."

"Something has got to be wrong." Mamba said, worry clouding her scales. She looked to the grotto. "Maybe we should get Geode to let us send some dragons after them."

"He's planning with our allies, it probably isn't the best idea to talk to him right now." Snowfall commented, and Mamba flicked her tail and turned her face away.

He suddenly stopped, blue eyes curiously scanning the Rainwing as her scales suddenly turned to her favored dark red, like she was trying to hide her emotions.

"Mamba... Why do I have the feeling you're planning something?"

"Because she is." Potent says, and Mamba shouted at him.

"Moons! Why do you have to always say something?"

"Whatever you're planning, we can help you, you know." Potent glared at her, his tail curling beside him.

"You want to go after them don't you?" Mudpuddle asked, and Mamba growled.

"Don't you dare snitch on me to Geode." She looked pointedly at Snowfall, and the Icewing grew offended.

"I wouldn't do that to you, featherbrain. We all are friends here, and I never said anything against that idea of yours." He said honestly, and Mamba drew in her wings, her scales turning a softer tone of red.

"Oh. Thanks."

"So its like a mini quest?" Tempest wondered, violet eyes sparkling.